Senior Programming Language Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
They are the world's first blockchain entertainment company. They are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. They are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our client's mission is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. They have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Some of their partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.The Role
Our client is looking for a creative Senior Programming Language Engineer to partner in the design and implementation of Cadence, a new smart contract programming language being introduced as part of the Flow blockchain. Cadence is designed around “resource-oriented programming”, a new programming model that pairs linear types with object capabilities to create a secure and declarative model for digital ownership.Responsibilities
You will help shape the future of Cadence and will be involved with all aspects of the language, taking language features from conception to implementation. You will be responsible for understanding the interaction between the language implementation, the on-chain execution environment, and the core protocol, helping with a variety of tools to facilitate development in this exciting new programming language.About You
- You have practical experience with the design and implementation of compilers including parsing, semantic analysis, type checking, optimization, and code generation.
- You have a diverse exposure to different programming languages and programming paradigms.
- You are capable of applying your skills across a variety of use cases; inflexible specialists need not apply.
- You understand the power of planning, but you are comfortable improvising and can prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You are adamant about test coverage.
- You have experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, Rust, C/C++, Swift, Python.
- Experience with blockchain technologies.
- Familiar with at least one of the functional programming languages: Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Lisp, etc.
- Experience with smart contract languages, e.g. Solidity.
- Experience working on open-source software projects.
Recruiting From Scratch
EngineeringView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch