Lead Smart Contract Engineer, Rust
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
They are the world's first blockchain entertainment company. They are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. They are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our client's mission is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. They have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Some of their partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.The Role
Smart contracts are simply autonomous software that can live forever and run in the open, without the need for maintenance or servers.
The most popular smart contract language until now has been Solidity, but wow it's a mess.
That's why we created Cadence, the world's first high level resource-oriented programming language. Cadence makes smart contract development easier, faster, and safer – with far less scope for errors and a super simple syntax that looks like Swift or Rust but is built from the ground up for smart contracts, NFTs, and decentralized apps.
We are looking to hire several detail-oriented backend engineers who are excited about learning smart contract development through the lens of Cadence specifically – we'll take care of onboarding and giving you a crash course of what makes blockchain development different.Responsibilities
You’ll work directly with the team defining the Cadence smart contract programming language, and contribute directly to the dapps that will bring blockchain into the mainstream. The projects in our pipeline range from the low-level “service contracts” that manage Flow’s proof-of-stake bonding mechanisms, all the way up to defi “building blocks” like DEXs and consumer-facing software like NBA Top Shot and CryptoKitties 2.0. You must have an open mind, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to question the status quo whenever it gets in the way of a better world.
All of us at Dapper Labs share a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need more people like you to help us realize that vision.About You
- Appreciate the power and limitations of immutable smart contract code.
- Believe that the readability of code is a critical part of the blockchain user experience.
- Contribute and enforce best practices throughout the development process.
- Comfortable trying out new tools, failing fast, and handling “unknown unknowns”.
- Adamant about automated testing, with expansive coverage.
- Energized by the challenge and opportunity of working with new languages and programming paradigms.
- Developed a widely-used smart contract.
- A working understanding of one or more of Solidity, Rust, Move, or Cadence.
- Significant contributions or leadership of an open source project.
Recruiting From Scratch
AddressEl Segundo, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch