Director of Software Engineering (Blockchain Startup)
Recruiting From Scratch Tucson, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client has just raised a $80M round and is looking to grow their team to help power Web3! Our client's mission is the fundamental developer platform that brings the benefits of blockchain to the world. Today, they provide the leading blockchain development platform and powers millions of users in over 200 countries worldwide. Our mission is to provide developers with the fundamental building blocks they need to create the future of technology.
The team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leading technology pioneers like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT. Backed by Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and founders and executives of globally leading organizations, and powers billions of dollars of transactions for top companies around the world and has been featured in TechCrunch, Wired, Bloomberg, and numerous other media outlets.
They are looking for an engineering team lead / director of engineering to help manage and build out the engineering team.Responsibilities
- Recruit and develop engineers, including helping them fulfill personal and professional goals by sharing insight, mentoring, and giving feedback
- Take over managing a growing engineering team of 10 engineers that will be 25 by end of 2021.
- Contribute to our client's long-term technical and product strategy
- Facilitate short-term prioritization and long-term planning to meet our client's goals
- Make data-driven but informed decisions to help the team meet goals efficiently
- Encourage the engineering team to follow best practices and to deliver high-quality work
- Build an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture where everyone does their best work
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or another field involving programming (e.g. mathematics, physics)
- 4+ years experience in people management experience on an engineering team
- 8+ years experience as a software/infrastructure/high throughput systems/DevOps engineer or related technical field
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration and successful outcomes
- (Preferred) Managed teams at startups, especially through rapid growth and change
- (Preferred) First-hand experience working on high availability SaaS products
Recruiting From Scratch
TechnologyView all jobs at Recruiting From Scratch