Our Silicon Valley based client, a leading global FinTech firm providing digital banking payments processing technology and infrastructure, is looking for a VP/Dir Fraud Prevention Strategy and Response. This role will lead the company’s payments fraud response capability and develop a fraud strategy and intelligence-based investigation unit for detecting and preventing all forms of digital payments fraud. The right candidate will drive the company’s strategy to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, redefine existing fraud processes and identify new priority capabilities that may utilize best-in-class industry and emerging trends, tools and technologies.
This role can work remotely.
This position will own all aspects of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention strategies and effectively lead our dynamic team of fraud and chargeback investigators. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to showcase the candidate's technical and strategic experience and thought leadership skills, and shine as an industry leader in an evolving space.
As head of critical fraud operations, the right candidate will maintain a customer-centric attitude and organization, helping to drive the company’s success as an agile organization, building the future of digital payments processing and directly contributing to the positive impact of millions of customer consumers and shoppers around the world.
Responsibilities and Key Performance Requirements:
• Drive the development and delivery the company’s fraud strategy, including capability roadmap, tools and analytics, talent, structure and governance.
• Use technology, data analytics and industry best practices to increase fraud detection and prevention capabilities.
• Identify predictive internal/external data and tools for fraud detection.
• Identify and action emerging patterns of criminal activity and consumer fraud trends.
• Own P&L for fraud losses.
• Partner with production and delivery teams (Customer Service, Client Global Success, Operations, Engineering, Analytics, AI and Cyber Risk/Security teams) to build new capabilities.
• Represent the company as Head of Fraud Prevention Strategy and Response at internal strategic steering committees and working groups.
• Build a deep external network of key industry contacts including issuers, peers and law enforcement to remain abreast of leading industry innovations and fraud strategies.
• Partner with vendors and industry consortiums to develop and implement leading fraud tools.
• Lead all Fraud Response & Chargeback Teams.
• Develop fraud training programs and work with the Training and Development team to implement.
• Develop financial metrics to track fraud prevention and loss.
• Achieve and exceed fraud prevention goals in a high growth environment.
• Balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills required.
• Fraud, Compliance and/or Fraud Investigatory training/certification preferred.
• Banking regulatory knowledge preferred.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of related industry experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a tactical leadership role within the disciplines of fraud detection, prevention and/or investigations.
Compensation: commensurate with experience, benefits