Registered Nurse Labor & Delivery
- Posted: over a month ago
Registered Nurses in Labor and Delivery work across the unit from antepartum to within the Labor and Delivery triage Unit in order to provide the highest quality of care to our diverse patient population. As a Magnet recognized organization, our L&D team has a strong quality improvement focus and our nurses are always developing unique solutions for their patients.
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Labor & Delivery
Graduate of a nursing degree program; BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed in good standing to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Requires current basic life support (BLS) certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• At least one year of high risk RN L&D experience required.
• Experience in working with a high-risk population and neonatal abstinence syndrome is strongly preferred.
• Current basic cardiac life support certification.
• Basic computer proficiency is inclusive of the ability to access, enter and interpret computerized data/information.
• Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various health care team members, patients, and families.
• Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
• Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
• Relevant clinical experience and/or specialty, certification required for certain practice areas, e.g., enters total therapy, epidemiology, peri-operative areas.
• Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement research utilization projects.
• Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
• Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities following practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
• Ability to effectively manage stress due to critical issues related to patient care, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.
Labor & Delivery, L&D Nursing
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?