The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor ensures timely delivery of products to customers by coordinating daily shipping activities and managing warehouse layout, organization, and schedule with established standards.
· Assigns daily schedule and tasks to Shipping Clerk, Material Handlers, Warehouse Supervisors
· Manages stocking, staging and loading functions to company specifications
· Enforce compliance to layout of the warehouse and warehouse organization
· Responsible for daily shipping schedule planning and execution
· Ensure accurate and timely shipments to all customers
· Manages and communicates with Gatekeeper to ensure integrity of inbound scanned product
· Responsible for all safety equipment and employee safety compliance in the warehouse
· Responsible for ongoing maintenance or warehouse equipment and supplies
· Responsible for all physical inventory and cycle counts as required
· Audits subordinates and their work area to ensure safety and housekeeping
· Participates in escalation process of any potential missed shipment or timing
· Participates in continuous improvement of material processes and procedures
· Responsible for general housekeeping of warehouse
· High School Diploma or GED
· At least 3 years of experience in shipping and warehouse operations with Automotive and Tier customers.
· Familiar with shipping practices, terminology and various modes of transportation.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Must be able to obtain Fork Lift Operators License.