Plans, coordinates and directs all activities within the materials and production departments.
1. Analyze and calculate data to determine, develop, or recommend improvements in the day-to-day operations of the materials and productions departments
2. Schedule, train, and develop subordinate personnel
3. Responsible for the successful, cost-efficient operations of the materials and production departments
4. Directly supervises the Materials and Production Managers
5. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Materials and Production departments
6. Carries out supervisory responsibilities including training employees, planning ,assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
7 years of related experience in automotive manufacturing
Education: Bachelor’s degree and five years related manufacturing experience
Work Experience: Leadership skills and supervision of large work groups. Related experience, training, education and some combination of all three may be considered.
Automotive experience in a Just In Time (JIT) environment preferred.
Qualifications (General/EHS/Quality) Qualifications include:
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Other skills: Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Ability to create visual aids for communication purposes. PC based software knowledge must include word-processing, spreadsheet, and email based systems.