Senior Power Systems Engineer
Our Client, Pioneer Power Group is a leading engineering firm in the Mid-Atlantic for Power System Studies. We are a talented engineering team with a focus on customer care and we provide solutions to customers within the electrical industry to build or renovate facilities across the nation. We are a trusted source for clients to turn to for their power system study projects. Due to our growth, we are seeking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer.
GROWTH – It’s what it’s all about – both personally and professionally as well as for the company. Your opinion matters and we value all team members. – It’s a rare environment where collaboration and individual work intertwine to form a great place to call home. We are a small group of intelligent, hardworking people who focus on results. We have both proven leaders who have experience in growing the business exponentially, as well as colleagues who are just starting out their career. The variety in experience levels allows us to see things from multiple perspectives and to learn from one another on a daily basis. Your proven results will allow you to have access to greater responsibility and higher level work assignments over time. We truly value personal career development.
The SR Systems Engineer will work directly with the customer to prepare short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies in a fast-paced, highly visible environment. Plan and execute multiple projects at the same time while continuing to be a point of contact and subject matter expert on all active projects. The person in this position will manage portions of the engineering team and work in conjunction with business partners to develop, produce, and deliver on technical and business goals. You will also have the opportunity to work with the business team to devise ways to continue to scale the organization for further growth.
- Perform short-circuit studies on the electrical distribution system in order to determine the available fault current at pertinent locations in low voltage and medium voltage distribution systems
- Evaluate the short-circuit ratings of protective devices and other distribution equipment
- Review the existing system over current protection and coordination and recommend improvement to optimize coordination and protection of distribution equipment
- Develop time-current coordination plots to derive coordinated settings for new and existing protective devices
- Perform an arc flash hazard analysis per NFPA 70E on the electrical distribution system
- Interpret specifications, customer drawings, and technical proposals to provide pricing for customers
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis for ongoing projects and proactively anticipate future project/client needs
- Manage and direct the work of electrical engineers reporting to you
- Train junior level engineering team on technical work
- Demonstrated work experience in power systems engineering (load flow, short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies)
- Independently produce high quality, technical work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter / Independent learner
- Self-manage projects with tight deadlines
- Effective communication – engaging with the customer and translating technical needs into actionable items
- Proven ability to rapidly address customer questions/concerns
- Good judgment, discipline, dependability, and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management
- Professional Engineer License preferred or the ability to work towards a PE License over time
- BSEE from an ABET accredited university is required
- Expertise in using SKM Systems Analysis.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, 401K, bonus, vacation, and flexible spending accounts.
This opportunity is Full-Time and located Gaithersburg, MD (DC Metro area) or Pittsburgh, PA .
For more information about our company and clients, visit our website at: www.pioneerpwr.com