Counter Sales - Eldersburg
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1945, Northeastern Supply, Inc. began in a group of converted "row houses" in downtown Baltimore, Maryland. Currently, Northeastern Supply has 300 employees serving throughout 38 locations in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia. It is considered to be one of the Mid-Atlantic's fastest growing Plumbing, HVAC, and Water Systems businesses. We have an immediate opening for an experienced counter salesperson to join our rapidly growing team in Eldersburg, MD.
The Counter Salesperson will manage counter sales at our high traffic branch with responsibility in both Residential and commercial plumbing and HVAC supplies and equipment. The right candidate will be a proactive and high energy addition to our dynamic team. They will be responsible for increasing sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring customers are efficiently and courteously assisted when shopping in the store or by telephone.
- Manage daily sales at the counter.
- Provide support without removing responsibility. Suggest resources and provide assistance or coaching as needed; expresses confidence in the individual. Trust people to perform.
- Learn the value of relationships and view building relationships as a critical success tool with customers and coworkers.
- Monitor and control open orders.
- Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately; utilize the Upsell feature in SHIMS.
- Use electronic and published catalogs to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers.
- Accurately use order entry, computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Follow company pricing and credit guidelines.
- Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers' opportunities as they arise.
- Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude.
- Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately.
- Keep merchandising and counter areas clean and attractive.
- Keep counter area inventory stocked; remove or add inventory items to stimulate impulse sales; remove discontinued items from the sales floor.
- Light warehouse duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years work experience. Plumbing or HVAC industry experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Available to work weekday or weekend overtime as required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Frequent stooping, squatting, stretching and lifting are required to reach inventory items.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Recruit Up, LLC
Get fresh Counter Sales Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.