Recovery Unplugged is hiring for full-time and part-time nurses at our inpatient rehab & substance abuse treatment facilities in Austin! Come be a part of helping people recover from drug addiction and chemical dependency. The work environment is creative, energetic and positive, and our organization is focused on client care and improving outcomes. This position is ideal for those with leadership skills and those who are interested in work that is innovative with high opportunity for creating protocols and implementing new policies. Experience working with addiction, EMR, and diverse populations preferred. We offer a competitive salary, 401K, and healthcare benefits.
We are currently looking for day shift nurses (7am-7pm), mid-shift nurses (10am-10pm), overnight nurses (7pm-7am), part-time and PRN nursing staff.
- Performs on-site medical observation, monitoring, and other client services.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issues.
- Observes and trains all housing staff to observe and report self-observation of medication.
- Assures through open communication with the pharmacy that medications are documented and delivered to clients in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the UA lab and documenting all results in client charts.
- Maintains open communication with Medical Director in reference to medications and other medical needs for clients
- Observes urine drug samples and ensures urine collection is being completed with the frequency prescribed by the medical director’s orders. Monitors the quality and quantity of urine collection initiatives insuring that services are performed safely, efficiently, and consistently.
- Ensures that appropriate staff completes and forwards copy of Incident Reports and any other safety/risk documents as indicated to the Director of Business Operations. Communication with clinical, medical, and administrative staff regarding client disorders, issues or concerns
- Adheres to all facility, State, and Federal policy and procedure concerning client confidentiality, rights, and anonymity.
- Assures that appropriate boundaries and ethical behavior are maintained at all times with clients, families, and other professionals.
- Completes evaluations and reports.
- Follows facility policy, procedure, and protocol.
- Provides services planned to restore client to optimum social and health adjustment.
- Communicates clearly with employees and coworkers.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Orders and inventories medical/bio-hazard supplies (sharps boxes and waste).
- Provides client support services while in treatment and in residence
- Creates and maintaining a safe, comfortable, and client-focused treatment environment
- Ensures client safety at all times.
Please send your resume and cover letter to be considered!
Recovery Unplugged is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff.
Recovery Unplugged Austin