Recovery Unplugged Austin is currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing.
provides supervision, training and support to the nurse managers in the region, to which the DON is assigned.
Provides On-site medical observation, monitoring and client service – working directly with rounding and on-call providers and clinical staff at the DON’s primary location.
• Assures through open communication with the pharmacy agreements and services that medications and other medical needs for clients are met at all levels of care. Initiating conversation and solutions when problems are identified.
• Responsible for communication with the UA Lab and documenting all results in client charts; follow up that this process is followed at all locations.
• Maintains open communication with Medical Director, On-Call Providers, and other necessary staff in reference to medication and other medical needs for clients
• Ensures all orders in the charts, including actions orders, are being adhered to and followed at each location – providing support and training when needed if problems occur.
• Performs and provides oversight of waived testing such as urine drug screening, breathalyzer and pregnancy testing
• Works with clinical, medical and all other staff to ensure quality service for clients and to maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of Recovery Unplugged
• Ensures that appropriate staff complete, and forward Incident Reports and any other safety/risk documents as indicated, to the administrative department and leadership team.
• Communicates with clinical, medical and administrative staff regarding client disorders, issues and concerns
• Completes evaluations and reports, including providing oversight to the infection control processes and needed reporting at all locations as part of leadership responsible to JCAHO standards.
• Supports the provision of services from nursing ensuring that services are planned to restore client to optimum social and health adjustment
• Always utilizes safe employee practices working directly with HR to ensure employee needs and concerns are addressed in a professional and timely manner.
• Oversee scheduling at all locations facilitated through nurse managers, and willing to assist with providing or facilitating coverage as needed.
• Operates as part of the multi-disciplinary leadership team and works with other departments to develop treatment or discharge plans for cases based on their medical needs – ensuring those needs are accounted for in transitions or discharges.
Provides oversight to nurse managers regarding inventory of medical/biohazard supplies -
• Availability for 24/7 on-call rotation
• Provides oversight and is responsible for ensuring the quality of documentation in nursing notes daily, reconciles orders and MARS to identify and reconcile any errors in recording or care, providing training or coaching as needed – often in real time – when issues are identified.