We are seeking a Behavioral Health Technician to join our team!
- Behavioral Health Technician responsibilities include: knowledge of a variety of music, driving of a company vehicle to ensure clients arrive safely and on time for scheduled activities, being on site and supervising clients to maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff and clients. Under the direction of the Director of Client Services, this position is also responsible for the ensuring of the implementation of on-site Safety and Hazardous Waste policies and procedures. This requires working on site with the Director of Client Services, Clinical Director, and staff to assure the highest degree of client and staff satisfaction and safety.
*** Must be at least 25 years old with clean driving record and valid driver's license.
- Maintain strong interpersonal relationships with all employees
- Directly and indirectly involved in marketing and community outreach
- Cooperate and work well with all employees
- Takes direction from immediate supervisor and/or Director of Client Services, Clinical Director, CEO and in some cases, Clinical Staff and Case Manager.
- Maintains customer satisfaction
- Assure safe employee practices always
- Maintain strict client confidentiality in accordance with Title 42CFR, Part 2 and 45CFR, Parts 160 and 194
- Coordination of client’s needs
- Transport clients safely and in a timely manner daily, as assigned
- Attend all mandated trainings
- Complete all steps of housing intake with new clients including: all housing paperwork, secure
- urine analysis to send to lab, monitor vitals and contact nurse if necessary, search all of client’s personal belongings and collect all personal items of clients i.e. cell phone, electronics, credit cards, etc.
- Maintains and adheres to all policy and procedures respecting confidentiality of client’s rights, anonymity, communication either written or verbal regarding client’s identity and situation
- Maintains documentation and files in an organized manner
- Make copies and send faxes as needed
- Answer phone in friendly and professional manner
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and coworkers
- Follow all policies of Agency as applicable
- Maintain appropriate boundaries and ethical behavior at all times with clients, families, co-workers and other professionals
- Work as a positive team member
- Communicate rights and expectations for behavior to clients in a consistent and respectful manner
- Notify immediate supervisor and/or Clinical Director with any client concerns.
- Document shift activity; evening and weekend staff must email “shift report” to all required coworkers prior to completing their shift.
- Follow Tech Manual Guidelines
- Other duties as delegated and assigned by supervisor and leadership
Keywords: behavioral health, mental health technician, chemical dependency, substance abuse treatment, rehab, technician, direct care, healthcare, treatment center