The Recovery Support Specialist assists patients with substance abuse and mental health disorders, working under direction of clinical, nursing and medical staff. This includes assisting patients with daily schedules, leading patients in educational and recreational activities, and accompanying patients to and from examinations and treatments. Supports the delivery of individual client care.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Monitors patient activities, provides security checks throughout shift, completes documentation to include, but not limited to, rounds sheets and End of Shift reports; records patient behavior.
- Participates in direct patient care including ensuring patient safety and interacting therapeutically.
- Assists in the activities of patients’ daily schedule.
- Assists with de-escalation.
- Performs all aspects of patient belongings processing for new admissions and resulting from visitations, including search, debugging, and delivery.
- Assists patients with packing of belongings in preparation for discharge.
- Monitors Business Center for patient compliance with rules and schedules.
- Monitors patient activities at the Wellness Center.
- Partner with Clinical Coordinator to conduct a welcoming New Patient Orientation.
- Assists with all aspects of visitation program, including greeting, sign-in, orientation, search and belongings processing.
- Understands the principles of 12-Step Programs and how they apply to the recovery process of the addicted client.
- Aids and instructs clients in facilitation and presentation of the RCA Clinical Curriculum with corresponding notes in medical records system.
- If applicable, once DMV record is cleared for driving on-property, the RSS will transport patients to and from appointments, Wellness Center, and gatehouses as needed. Delivers/retrieves patient belongings to/from Car Barn.
- Is proficient with all technology hardware, company systems and tools required to perform duties.
- Demonstrates appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources, and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including co-workers, patients, residents, visitors, families, and referral sources.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent[KWA1] , Bachelors preferred.
- CADC preferred, ability to earn Illinois CADC within 2 years required.
- Experience of one (1) year working in substance use disorder residential treatment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with all technology hardware, systems and tools required to perform duties; training will be provided as needed.
- Familiarity with behavior modification and 12-step modality[KWA2] [KWA3] .
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, and conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution. Is willing to assume new responsibilities if the quality of patient care dictates.
Time Management: Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the physical abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
By joining RCA, you are committing to helping millions of people successfully start and continue their recovery journey, supporting and educating their loved ones, and making a difference in the communities we serve.
RCA is proud to open our first facility off of the East Coast, in St. Charles, IL, and is looking for a leadership team which will continue the RCA mission into Illinois. The team at RCA is comprised of the most dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working people you’ll find, and RCA is dedicated to providing each team member a supportive career with meaning, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Recovery Centers of America Company
Why Work Here?Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was founded with the mission of savings millions of lives from the disease of addiction. RCA is growing, and currently has 11 facilities offering best in class, evidence based inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted addiction treatment. Our clinical expertise, modern facilities and breadth of services are highly respected in the addiction treatment industry. By joining RCA, you are committing to helping millions of people successfully start and continue their recovery journey, supporting and educating their loved ones, and making a difference in the communities we serve. RCA is proud to open our first facility off of the East Coast, in St. Charles, IL, and is looking for a leadership team which will continue the RCA mission into Illinois. The team at RCA is comprised of the most dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working people you’ll find, and RCA is dedicated to providing each team member a supportive career with meaning, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package.
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was founded with the mission of savings millions of lives from the disease of addiction
Saint Charles, IL