Under the general direction of the KC Foster Grandparent Program Director following the guidelines of Reconciliation Services and the Corporation for National and Community Service guidelines: Responsible for office support for the KC Foster Grandparent Program Jackson, Clay and Platte counties. The Office Assistant duties will primarily be in supporting role of the Program
● Responsible for assisting to organizing and maintaining files and database information for the Foster Grandparent Program (FGP).
● Maintain accurate up-to-date contact lists and databases to allow for effective communication.
● Provide support for the FGP Director in organizing special events and promoting the events and programs to the volunteers and other interested parties
● Assist with special projects and demographic studies
● Assist with filing and information management
● Assist in the preparation of various reports
● Providing information and support to FGP volunteers
● Provide general office and programmatic help including filing, stuffing envelopes, etc
● Help with monthly In-service and Bi-annual recognition events.
● Other duties as assign
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
Depending on the skill set and abilities of the office assistant they may be able to take on special projects or initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must possess strong interpersonal skills, the capacity to track and manage spreadsheets and files, the ability to develop cooperative working relationships with diverse populations, good oral and written communication skills, and thoroughness/attention to detail. Proficiency in computer programs including Excel and Web-based applications also is required. This job would be great for a college student looking for experience in nonprofit.
● Candidate must pass background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and experience working in a professional office. Some college education/training is preferred.