***Please note this is a (NIGHT SHIFT) 5pm-2am (Mon - Fri)***
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Diesel Mechanic working on Yellow Iron - Heavy Duty equipment (Dozers, Excavators, Scrapers, Loader, etc.)
Responsible for mechanical maintenance services; maintains, inspects and repairs equipment and vehicles to ensure safety and on-going operation.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Diagnoses, tests and repairs vehicles and/or heavy landfill equipment including, but not limited to, powertrains and drivetrains, as well as electrical, steering, braking, exhaust and suspension systems.
- Diagnoses, tests and repairs refuse vehicle and transfer trailer body systems including, but not limited to, hydraulic, body control, electrical and body mechanical systems.
- Diagnoses, tests, repairs and maintains processing equipment such as balers, conveyors, hoppers, electric motors and controls, as well as maintenance shop and company facilities.
- Performs basic fabrication work using welding equipment, torches, tools and/or machinery.
- Orders and maintains shop parts, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Accurately and efficiently completes paperwork and/or computer database entries relating to the work performed.
- Acts as a lead worker by regularly instructing and directing others by assigning, reviewing and checking work.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Graduation from a formalized mechanical trade school highly desirable.
- Four years of progressively responsible mechanical experience as a journeyman mechanic (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with no restrictions required within 12 weeks of hire.
- Candidate(s) without valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License upon hire must possess a valid DOT medical certificate and instruction permit for a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with air brake endorsement prior to hire.
- Experience and knowledge of DOT Out-of-Service Criteria including CHP B.I.T. Inspections and DOT compliance audits.
- Waste and recycling industry experience preferred.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- a robust employee assistance program
- contributions to a retirement plan
- paid time off and paid holidays
- pre-tax commuter benefits
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
•Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
•Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
•Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
•Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
Recology, an employee-owned company, sees a world without waste, where resources are used and re-used in a sustainable ecosystem that strives for their best and highest use.
Recology manages municipal solid waste disposal and recycling services as well as creates solutions that span the needs of urban, suburban and rural communities. Our services include urban street and commercial facility cleaning, landscaping and maintenance; waste collection, recovery, processing, sorting and transfer; waste recycling education and optimization consulting; organic material (i.e., yard trimmings and food scrap) collection and production into nutrient-rich compost, soil amendments, mulch products and/or gas through anaerobic digestion to create electricity and energy to fuel our CNG trucks; and landfill management.
Our name, Recology, reflects our unique success record in driving resource recovery to unparalleled levels through recycling, composting and engineering sustainable ecosystems.
Recology companies operate in California,Oregon and Washington coordinating dozens of recycling programs to recover a variety of materials. Recology programs have been replicated throughout the country and serve as a national model for resource recovery initiatives.
Recology is the largest employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, partnered with over 113 communities; Parent to over 40 subsidiaries that provides integrated services to over 670,000 residential and 95,000 commercial customers in California, Oregon, and Washington.
Recognized as the industry leader in resource recovery, having established the first and largest curbside yard trimmings and food scraps collection program in the country.
WASTE ZERO is our rallying cry to make the best and highest use of all resources. Our commitments are to provide first-class customer service, to positively contribute to the quality of life within the communities we serve and to reduce our negative impacts on the environment. Our achievements are driven by our awareness of the impact on our children, the communities we serve and the planet we all share.