Recology CleanScapes Seattle is NOW HIRING several experienced CDL Drivers.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our CDL Driver
Under limited supervision, accountable for the efficient and effective operation of assigned vehicle, the consistent application of safety and operational procedures, and maintenance of good customer relations throughout all applicable service areas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs daily routine safety checks, and pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicle.
- Ensures all safety measures appropriate for operation of assigned vehicle are consistently and efficiently applied.
- Operates vehicle in all assigned service areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Loads all assigned materials according to normal operating procedures and reports any violations to supervisor.
- Ensures hazardous materials are not accepted, as able.
- Assures materials being transported comply within the legal load limits.
- Reports all accidents and/or safety violations to the appropriate authority and in a timely manner.
- Maintain support of good customer relations and positively influences the community’s perception of the Company throughout all applicable service areas.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One year of commercial driving experience (Two years of commercial driving experience preferred).
- Current commercial driver's license and a current valid medical card.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- becoming an owner in our Company
- a supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- a robust employee assistance program
- contributions to a retirement plan
- paid time off and paid holidays
- pre-tax commuter benefits
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.