You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Driver 1
Under limited supervision, accountable for the efficient and effective operation of assigned vehicle, the consistent application of safety and operational procedures, and maintenance of good customer relations throughout all applicable service areas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs daily routine safety checks, and pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicle.
- Ensures all safety measures appropriate for operation of assigned vehicle are consistently and efficiently applied.
- Operates vehicle in all assigned service areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Loads all assigned materials according to normal operating procedures and reports any violations to supervisor.
- Ensures hazardous materials are not accepted, as able.
- Assures materials being transported comply within the legal load limits.
- Reports all accidents and/or safety violations to the appropriate authority and in a timely manner.
- Maintain support of good customer relations and positively influences the community’s perception of the Company throughout all applicable service areas.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One year of commercial driving experience (Two years of commercial driving experience preferred).
- Current commercial driver's license and a current valid medical card.
IDEAL CANDIDATE - The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Principles and practices of job site safety, potential job hazards, and state and local regulations including applicable waste regulation.
- Basic computer programs.
Skill and/or Ability to:
- Ability to perform continuous physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling receptacles as part of a rigorous daily routine.
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck.
- Ability to perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions.
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources
- Work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to maintain high levels of activity or productivity; operating with effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and customers. Ability to communicate on a twoway radio or similar device.