The Scheduling Specialist is responsible for scheduling appointments for the client according to established protocols while maintaining superior customer service and professionalism.
The scheduling specialist participates in receiving calls via a telephone queue.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Properly schedules appointments according to established practice protocols.
· Screen patients for demographic information and updates system as necessary.
· Verifies method of payment for service (Medicare, private insurance, self-pay, etc.) and collects data.
· Verifies necessary referrals are obtained and any necessary authorization are in progress prior to scheduling appointment.
· Informs patient of information or payment that must be presented at time of visit.
· Requires excellence in customer service and telephone etiquette.
· Maintains acceptable levels of productivity.
· Familiarity with assigned client systems and client scheduling protocols.
· Answer general questions that may arise on calls with patients.
· Understands and adheres to HIPAA and RSi policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations, relevant to their area of operation.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
· Strong work ethic
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of medical scheduling experience preferred
- Basic medical terminology
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Receivable Solutions, Inc
Why Work Here?Complete A/R Medical Collections Agency
Great evironment, great growth opportunities!