AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
View full position description here.
- Pursue a robust client and volunteer outreach strategy that will increase awareness of the program among our target populations, including: attending community meetings and other events; creating and distributing materials; contributing client- and volunteer-focused content for social media, newsletter, and website; presenting at community organizations and tabling at resource and volunteer fairs.
- Oversee the client application process for the program, including: assisting potential clients with the application, lead homeowner application intake, completing initial interviews with clients, completing home assessments, and tracking the client application/approval process in the database.
- Collaborate with staff to place volunteers with appropriate rebuilding projects or secure contractors, schedule projects and develop project timelines, get tools and materials on site, and meet with clients to ensure they know what to expect on project day.
- Oversee general volunteers in completing direct hands-on repairs. Ensure that volunteers are trained in their task and have access to tools/materials, that proper safety procedures are being followed, that the work product is of good quality, and that volunteers enjoyed and feel appreciated for their service.
- Arrange purchase and delivery of crucial project needs, including: tools and materials, personal protective equipment, dumpsters and other rented items, water and snacks. Maintain a system for warehouse inventory to allow bulk purchasing, the reuse or repurposing of tools/materials, and an efficient supply chain. Ensure routine maintenance of Rebuilding Together-owned tools between projects.
- Maintain a record-keeping system for program services, including client and project data. Evaluate program data and create reports on progress toward program goals. Complete any paperwork and file closeout for each rebuilding project within the program.
- Develop and coordinate trainings, resources, and presentations on healthy housing for both homeowners and volunteers. Encourage community and homeowner attendance through outreach strategies. Trainings such as these leverage our work by promoting community awareness of housing issues and empower people to perform routine home maintenance and reap the benefits.
- Volunteer service experience; managing or coordinating other volunteers is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and use of internet
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where each team member must balance being organized and detail-orientated with being flexible and keeping up with changing scopes of project work
- Ability to communicate in clear and encouraging language with a diverse community and staff—in writing, in person, and over the phone
- Living allowance over all 11-month terms of service:
- Full-time 40hrs/wk (1700hr term) - $19,008
- Part-time 20hrs/wk (900hr term) - $9,504
- Quarter-time 12hrs/wk (450hr term) - $5,032
- Signing bonus for second year+ members of any AmeriCorps program:
- Full-time 40hrs/wk (1700hr term) - $500
- Part-time 20hrs/wk (900hr term) - $300
- Quarter-time 12hrs/wk (450hr term) - $100
- Eligible for a relocation reimbursement of up to $300 for qualifying expenses.
- Travel to one in-person Rebuilding Together event with other AmeriCorps members (Details TBD. Pending COVID safety).
- Health insurance including dental and vision plans (only available to full-time members).
- May be eligible for scholarships for graduate certificates in Nonprofit Leadership & Management or similar.
- Professional development benefit of $300/member provided by RT National.
- Mental Health benefit provided by RT National (covers 6 visits with a mental health professional OR 6 months of an online/tele-service subscription).
- Education Award for qualifying education expenses or loans, upon completion of the term of service:
- Full-time 40hrs/wk (1700hr term) - $6,495
- Part-time 20hrs/wk (900hr term) - $3,247.50
- Quarter-time 12hrs/wk (450hr term) - $1,718.25
- Federal student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment.
- Positions are eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- AmeriCorps childcare benefit.
To learn more about our benefits and/or commitment requirements, visit our FAQ page on our website at www.rebuildingtogether.org/capacitycorps.
BusinessView all jobs at Rebuilding Together
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?