Are you passionate about the efforts to break the chains of addiction?
Rebirth Enhancement Services is looking for new team members like you
Rebirth Enhancement Services
JOB TITLE: SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
STATUS: Full Time / Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Outpatient Behavioral Health
REPORT TO: Clinical Supervisor
General Position Description: Creates a motivating environment and promotes staff loyalty to the program vision and mission. Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers, and outside contacts.
The addiction counselor works with alcohol and or drug dependent clients in an outpatient clinic performing alcohol and or drug abuse intervention, treatment and referral. The work involves no supervisory responsibilities. The counselor receives general supervision from the clinical supervisor through regularly schedule sessions for the purposes of determining the level of performance. The nature of work may require weekend and evening hours. The counselor understands the diagnostic symptoms, signs, and criteria associated with the DSM V and ASAM criteria. Administer substance abuse screening tools, for evaluations and plan appropriate treatment interventions.
Provide individual and group counseling services to substance abuse patients. Able to learn new approaches and orientations to substance abuse treatment, understands the philosophy, purpose, and function of self-help groups, and are knowledgeable of self-help programs in the community. Exhibit and promote a standard of excellence and ethics in the performance of all duties and communications with patients, co-workers, and outside contacts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The counselor is responsible for the following twelve core functions: screening, intake, orientation, assessment, treatment planning, case management, referral, counseling (includes individual, group, family). Counselor demonstrates responsibilities while promoting a standard of excellence in performance to co- workers.
1. Creates a motivating environment and promotes staff loyalty to the program.
2. Prepare written reports, summaries, client data, records and correspondence as required.
3. Commitment to professionalism.
4. Respect for client self-assessment and reporting.
5. Cooperates with diverse service providers. Create and maintain a referral resource network.
Required Knowledge, skills:
1. Knowledge of counseling techniques, principles, and therapeutic modalities as applied to the treatment of alcohol and/ or drug dependent clients;
2. Knowledge of the disease concept of alcoholism and recovery processes.
3. Counseling techniques, principles, and therapeutic modalities as applied to the treatment of alcohol and /or drug dependent clients;
4. Knowledge of chemical dependency issues.
5. Knowledge of ASAM II Placement Criteria and DSM V
6. Knowledge of the practices and procedures of the criminal justice system in dealing with alcohol and/or drug related offenders.
7. Ability to prepare accurate and concise oral and written reports.
8. Ability to handle the special needs of various client populations.
9. Ability to exercise good judgment in patient/client evaluations and analyzes of situations and problems.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with clients and their families.
11. Knowledge of the principles of working in a public program.
12. Comprehensive treatment planning
13. Able to tailor resources to client treatment needs.
14. Able to assess client’s progress toward treatment goals
15. Using accurate, clear, and concise written and verbal communication
16. Conforming to all applicable confidentiality regulations and protocols
17. Ethical standards of practice related to exchange of information
18. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university in the field of health care.
Experience: 3 years of experience providing counseling services in health care or treatment setting to include 1 year of experience counseling drug and /or alcohol dependent clients.
Certification: Maryland State Counselor Certification, ADT, C.S.C. – A.D, or higher
Work is performed in a clinic environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
Environmental exposure may include changing temperatures, odors and confined work area. The individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with patients with communicable diseases or potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control. Employee will be expected to participate in Mycobacterium Tuberculosis screening annually.
PHYSICAL\ MENTAL DEMANDS
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This job description provides a summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals in this position. Incumbents may be asked to perform other tasks not specifically written in this job description. These additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Clinical Director.
Rebirth Enhancement Services is a Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO : INFO@REBIRTHENHANCEMENTSERVICES.COM
Company Video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LsybVFOc8XiarHjQjT7cYeq77RWK0e6Z/view?usp=sharing