The Director of Housekeeping Services is responsible for the care and cleaning of all aspects of the Environmental Services Department for the Community; controlling the quality and timeliness of all work originating in the laundry; hiring, training and supervising all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, lead and management personnel, procuring of supplies, chemicals and equipment, inventory control, budget preparation, and operating within budgetary guidelines. The Director of Housekeeping Services is responsible for achieving and maintaining excellent residents, and employee engagement results.
- Assures timely response to resident inquiries and work orders.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining excellent resident satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Promotes and demonstrates STAR Core Values.
- Encourges team growth and development via TDR process.
- Actively participates on the Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement and other Community committees.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, and supervisor personnel. Supervises the performance of all housekeeping, custodians and laundry personnel through personal inspections and other quality control techniques.
- Delegate authority to supervisory staff for task details to facilitate the smooth flow of materials and services.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Keeps required records, reports, studies.
- Prepares budget and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and monitors the departments safety program, infection control program, and quality standards policies and procedures.
- Coordinates apartment refurbishing with the Plant Operations Director & Marketing Director.
- Coordinates department functions with those of other departments(e.g. Activities, Food & Beverage, Marketing, etc).
- Procures supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Inventory control. Test and evaluates new products to improve efficiency.
- Inspects all housekeeping and laundry equipment regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- On call 24/7. Serves as rotating Director on Duty as required.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Manages proper disposal of trash and recyclables within the community.
- Prepares for annual State Inspections and re-certification
- Prepares for scheduled Government inspections- OSHA, Fire Marshall etc.
- Complies with all federal, state and local codes, laws, and regulations governing the Community(RCFE, CDPH, CMS).
- At least three years of environmental services management experience in a retirement facility, hotel, hospital, or similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, general cleaning, and laundry equipment, and comprehensive knowledge of housekeeping chemicals and MSDS compliance. Knowledge of infection control.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A passion for giving excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, chemical use and laundry equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six hours per day; must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and squat to access files and various documentation.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs occasionally. When lifting over 35 lbs, you are required to ask for assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs.
Located in San Juan Capistrano, Reata Glen is a brand new developing CCRC retirement community in Orange County. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. Through our STAR Core Values, we recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents.
Reata Glen offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Come join our dynamic team at a place where you can impact the lives of others!