VP of Data Engineering
At realtor.com, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and to help more people achieve the dream of home ownership. To help us achieve this mission, we are looking for a VP of Data Engineering to drive the long-term data engineering strategy.
As a part of our team, you'll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business and users, then make the move!
In this role, you will provide technology leadership, partner closely with company leadership, align roadmaps to business outcomes, and lead a diverse and distributed team of highly-skilled engineers. You'll be a key member of the Engineering Leadership team, reporting to the CTO. This leader will ensure our data engineering strategy evolves as our business continues to shift and change. Let's make a difference, together.
What You'll Do
- Lead our data engineering teams as we continue to scale, and build a high-performance, world-class engineering organization
- Own the technical vision for our data platform that supports the company's long-term strategic goals
- Partner with company leadership to develop a technology strategy that enables our products and user experiences to be more data-driven and deeply personalized
- Be an advocate for our users, and drive innovation in the consumer experience of home shoppers, renters and sellers
- Provide passionate, innovative and inspiring leadership and support for our data and content engineering organization
- Work closely with data scientists on data exploration and build out our machine learning platform
- Connect an obsession with the consumer to data-driven decision-making and the need for a world-class cloud data platform
- Recruit strong engineering talent that represents the diversity of our audience, with clear and consistent hiring strategies
- Build and maintain a culture of humility, execution excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback
Who You Are
- An analytical and thoughtful leader who leverages data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Prior experience leading an engineering organization of 50 or more developers
- Passionate about building and scaling engineering orgs that emphasize an inclusive culture, with teams that are both eager to learn and deeply curious
- Extensive experience with architecture and design of large-scale data platforms, including batch, streaming and real-time data processing
- A highly-collaborative partner, who enjoys working closely with product management, science and analytics teams to align the organization on joint goals
- An engaging communicator, who makes complex and nuanced topics accessible to the larger organization through relevant examples and storytelling
- Have demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives and managing stakeholders
- Have proven experience attracting, retaining, and growing top engineering talent