Lead Staff Cloud Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join our growing DevOps team as a Cloud Engineer, where you'll work within our suite of AWS products to develop, maintain, and support our growing infrastructure and applications development. You will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability while maintaining the security posture of our services and operations. You will work closely with agile teams and technical leadership to help deliver the best solutions for our customers. You will allow our engineers to develop and deploy solutions faster with less friction, thus throttling up our development velocity and speed to market. You will democratize data and open up insights for our entire organization. You will bring best practices and procedures to our growing SaaS platform.
- Develop robust and secure infrastructure for a growing startup
- Optimize our backend solutions for speed, reliability, and scalability
- Own CI/CD pipelines and maintain them to automate the deployments.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Create and maintain a smart production monitoring, triage issues, and respond to alerts
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Plan and implement improvements to system reliability and maintainability
- Deploy and maintain a multi-AZ, multi-Region AWS hosted environments
- Build, test, and maintain our disaster recovery environments
- Monitor, identify, and solve performance and reliability issues with EC2, RDS, etc
- Create and maintain system design and operation documentation
- Be a steward of our product and design ethos, company values, and legal/compliance/security requirements
- Interface with a globally distributed team
- Collaborate with a small team to implement new ideas
- AWS SysOps or Developer Associate certification
- 12+ years (preferred) of overall professional tech related experience
- 6+ years of cloud systems engineering experience
- Experience with automating continuous integration and deployment systems
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Experience monitoring a production application's health through services like CloudWatch, NewRelic, or other similar tools
- Experience setting up disaster recovery strategy with real time replication and backup on production environment
- Advanced scripting and coding skills in a modern language
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience in operations and/or development roles that include 24/7 on-call support roles
- Experience building and supporting multi-tier production applications running at AWS or another cloud provider, using best practices to scaling applications based on performance, reliability, and cost
- Deep understanding of AWS's cost model for components and optimization strategy
- Experience working with tools in the developer ecosystem (git, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience working through the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- Scaled SaaS applications in the cloud
- Well versed in the software deployment process
- Technical expert who is driven to learn
- Passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- Organized and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with proven ability to operate with ambiguity or lack of supervision
- Ability to work in collaborative environments, across multiple teams
NICE TO HAVES
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience setting up and managing Postgres cluster
AddressSanta Clara, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Realtor.com