Are you interested in building amazing digital experiences for top retail brands? Do you want to work in a face-paced environment on a variety of challenging projects? If so, Reality Interactive is hiring.
We are America’s top retail creative tech agency. Sound specific? It is. That’s what allows us to do unique work for the best brands in the country. Joining our team means you’ll be working with clients like BMW, MINI, Titleist and Spectrum.
We build interactive, touch-screen software, augmented reality experiences, ecommerce websites, and just about everything in between. We have a cool office, standing desks, nice view, and friendly team. Frankly, this is probably the best job opening in State of Connecticut (can you tell we like to sell things?).
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our team. This role is responsible for managing your own deliverables and communicating blockers to project leads. Responsibilities include: managing one's own tasks, providing guidance and structure to technical team members, coordinating priorities cross-department work, and ensuring successful project documentation for Operations Support and Manufacturing handoffs, and procurement of hardware components. This role will interface with Account managers, Project Managers, clients, Operations Support, Manufacturing, New Business and vendors. This Hardware Engineer will also be looked upon for contribution as an analyst-level solution consultant or high-level technical resource where appropriate.
· Stay connected with hardware vendors such as Dell, Cisco, HP, Seneca for insights for new products, end of life planning
· R&D for new technologies that would benefit clients and/or Reality
· Experience compiling project hardware lists
· Experience writing technical support documentation
· Experience writing technical install documentation for server/AV related installs
· Command line experience- Linux, Powershell
· Experience with hardware R&D (servers, AV equipment, PCs, embedded SoCs, media players)
· Networking Experience (mesh technologies, cloud-controlled networking, switching and routing knowledge)
· Experience building out images for PCs (Virtualbox, Smartdeploy, Clonezilla)
· Experience with process diagramming and with applications such as Visio
· Knowledge of SQL Experience (MySQL and Windows SQL) is a plus
· Working with video distribution networks (QAM, IP, HDMI over CAT6)
· Enjoys working with clients to recommend hardware based on requirements is a plus
· Knowledge of remote management software tools such as (ie site remote, n-central, MaaS 360 etc) is a plus
· Technical writing capabilities
· BASH/BATCH Scripting to automate machine deployments is a plus
- AWS Server creation and maintenance/management
- System updates (Jira, Confluence, MS Teams)
- Experience with Mobile Device Management systems
- Documentation Management/Task Management Experience (Jira/Confluence)
- P2V System Migration
- Experience with testing/working in Content Management Systems
- Experience with hardware inventory software
- SQA Software Testing
- Familiarity with configuring and using Fishbowl or other related inventory system experience is a plus.
Looking at an experience level of between 5 to 7 years