Are you interested in building amazing digital experiences for top retail brands? Do you want to work in a face-paced environment on a variety of challenging projects? If so, Reality Interactive is hiring.
We are America’s top retail creative tech agency. Sound specific? It is. That’s what allows us to do unique work for the best brands in the country. Joining our team means you’ll be working with clients like BMW, MINI, Titleist and Spectrum.
We build interactive, touch-screen software, augmented reality experiences, eCommerce websites, and just about everything in between. We have a cool office, standing desks, nice view, and friendly team. Frankly, this is probably the best job opening in the State of Connecticut (can you tell we like to sell things?).
So what are we looking for?
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
This is a full-time, on-site position that reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
You must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years’ experience in developing both front-end and back-end applications. Agency-style experience is a plus as we work with multiple clients and projects as opposed to supporting one major product.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Desire to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Help brainstorm UI component and workflows to meet the UI/UX goals with technical feasibility.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability for both mobile and desktop.
- Juggle many different projects and tasks.
- Rapid prototyping and able to hit deadlines based on estimates made.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and responsive web design.
- Experience with HTML5 animations or a JS animation library, such as GreensockJS is a plus.
- We primarily use VueJS, AngularJS secondarily.
- Proficient in CSS compilers (SASS, LESS) and nodeJS build tools (Webpack, Babel).
- Experience with CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap is a plus.
- Good understanding of Content Management Systems such as Wordpress, Shopify, and Contentful.
- Good understanding of SEO and ADA principles, ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Github.
- We follow the Gitflow and pull request methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- Nice to have experience building a component library developed with clean code within a styling architecture, modular with a reusable system for easy UI maintenance.
Desired Education Level
· BA in Computer Science or related.