Laboratory Animal Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Laboratory Animal Technician
Location: Redwood City, CA
The Veterinary Sciences (VS) department located in Redwood City, CA is seeking a Veterinary Sciences Technician to join a dynamic, fast-paced team. The successful candidate will experience a culture that believes in making the animal care and use program a model for the industry and is focused on providing employees with career development opportunities across many aspects of Research and Development.
- Performs routine and some non-routine work required for the care of laboratory animals. Assist in providing health care for laboratory animals and restraint of animals for veterinary staff and research personnel.
- Provides proper feed and clean caging to laboratory animals and checks drinking water system in assigned areas/rooms daily. Accurately completes room logs, other forms, and records applicable to position on a prescribed schedule.
- Monitors environmental parameters, condition of animal rooms and equipment in rooms, and proper functioning of mechanical systems (e.g., HVAC, lighting, automatic drinking water system) in assigned areas/rooms daily.
- Operates cage washers, autoclaves, and other equipment as assigned. Performs equipment and facility maintenance tasks.
- Participates in training and education programs as required.
- Follows operational procedures in the performance of daily tasks, and works cooperatively with others (VS staff and researchers) to achieve individual, department, and business goals.
- Manages and maintains rodent breeding colonies.
- Under supervision, may assist with writing new or revised procedures.
- Observes animal behavior and health and report any concerns to veterinary staff.
Experience – Responsibility and a minimum number of years:
- Individual must have a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in laboratory animal science.
Real Staffing is a global leader in the provision of pharma, biotech and medical devices recruitment services. Working across Europe, the US and Asia Pac we are one of the world’s most extensive pharma, biotech and medical devices recruiters and have one of the largest networks of specialist recruiters globally. Within the UK, Real is also a leading specialist in the provision of public sector, IT and engineering recruitment services, helping companies of all sizes find the new employee or team they’re looking for and candidates to find the next step in their career.
AddressRedwood City, CA
AnimalView all jobs at Real Staffing