Duration- 4 months contract
Global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
As an experienced mechanical designer, this person will develop fixtures & documentation for use in medical device production. This person will coordinate with other designers, technicians, assemblers, engineers, and outside suppliers to get fixtures and processes up and running.
This person will use solid modeling and drafting skills to develop detailed engineering drawings. He/she will used hands-on skills to build and test the fixture prototypes. This detail-oriented person will use organization skills to plan their work and meet critical deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
• Designs fixtures in Creo under the direction of engineers and senior designers
• Orders 3D printed fixture components
• Develops a complete engineering drawing package for the fixtures using drafting skills
• Writes work instructions that involve using the designed fixture
• Develops and submits ECO’s
• Coordinates with other designers, technicians, engineers, assemblers, and outside suppliers.
• Assembles, tests, and prototypes fixtures.
• Investigates manufacturing processes and interviews assemblers to improve fixtures
• 5-10 years of mechanical designer experience
• At least 3 years of recent Creo experience
• Experience with doc control systems like Arena or Windchill
• Mechanical drafting Skills
• Spacial creativity
• Hands-on experience with fixtures and shop tools
• Prototyping experience
• Familiar with Word & Excel
• Technical writing skills
• BS in Mech Engineering is desirable, but not absolutely necessary
• Assembly experience or experience working with fixtures
• Experienced in manufacturing and/or bringing new electro-mechanical products into production.
• Excellent communication and organization skills, with an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
• Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects on time.
• Familiarity with Installation Qualification
• Experience with manufacturing electro-mechanical devices. Medical device experience preferred.