Zingari is a Ristorante with rustic Italian soul food around house-made pastas and roasted or grilled meats and fish. This is an entrepreneurial and important role. The restaurant manager will ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining its reputation and ethos. They must coordinate a variety of activities. The manager is responsible for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
This role will focus on day-to-day management activities. This role will have creative aspects, particularly in collaborating with team on guest experience development. This is a key role – restaurant management can be fast-paced, highly demanding and very rewarding.
Typical tasks carried out by assistant manager
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts of waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Taking responsibility for the service and business performance of the restaurant.
- Preparing day sales report.
- Creating and executing plans for staff development.
- Printing menus for private events.
Salary and conditions:
We offer competitive salaries and a good working environment. If you have enthusiasm and a love of great food and service, we want to hear from you. Working late evenings and weekends. Public holiday and shift work, including split shifts, is also common. Overtime may be essential and it is important to be willing to work until the job is completed, whatever time that may be. The work is generally indoors in a warm, but sometimes cramped, environment. The manager will need to divide their time between the front-of-house area and the office. Dress code is a suit. Zingari is always looking for passionate, dedicated, hardworking people to join the team.