HR Advisor (HR Support Specialist) (Remote)
- Expired: April 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR CANDIDATES THAT HAVE JUST WORKED IN HR DEPARTMENTS. ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED HR ADVISORS WITH MULTI-STATE BACKGROUND. PLEASE READ BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
Real HR Hero -- we are a growing Los Angeles-based HR Consulting firm that offers HR Support Services and Recruiting Services to clients nationwide. At Real HR Hero, we tailor our services to meet the clients needs -- from Talent Acquisition to Separation and BEYOND! It is our goal to create and maintain a robust HR infrastructure that supports the client in business!
If you are looking for a modified-full-time, fairly flexible HR advisor position and you meet the requirements herein, this may be for you!
Sum-Up: We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor (6 years or more) who will provide various HR Support services and valuable HR advice to their clients and staff. This position will be a combination of an HR Business Partner and Consultant. You will remain productive and handle projects, while delivering high-quality work under minimum supervision.
Schedule: Modified Full-time -- Approximately 30 hours per week (Flexible, but will need to manage calendar to be available as necessary during business hours to meet/connect with clients) We have built-in work-life balance instead of just promising it!
Compensation: DOE & location - $35-$50/hour
What are the responsibilities?
- Account Management - single point of contact, customer service, project management, client retention.
- Manage projects, to-do list, templates, client documents using web based application(s).
- Conduct research through various methods and provide client with findings and applicable advice.
- HR Assessments and Gap Analysis
- Provide knowledgeable and experienced-based advice and recommendations to clients
- Assist with HR tasks such as employee relations, recruiting, training, management of personnel, onboarding/offboarding, benefits admin, payroll processing and implementations, reporting, etc
- Employee handbook, safety manual, job description and policy review/creation.
- Work with legal partners, when necessary.
- Create HR form/document templates and assist with implementation.
- Stay up to date on new regulations, trends, and HR best practices.
- Provide HR guidance and assist clients with plans and techniques to drive change and culture management
- Help clients resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- HR strategy / Talent Management
- Work with HR vendors/partners to provide client a well-rounded HR experience.
- Confidentiality awareness handling client and employee information
- Ensure clients are aware of all of our services. Offer when appropriate.
- Sell your expertise! Sell what we have to offer! Sometimes clients need a nudge or reminder, so they don't go elsewhere!
What are the qualifications?
- 6 years of progressive multi-state HR Support/Advisory experience working for various businesses - preferably small to mid-sized companies.
- Relevant HR experience working for an HR Consulting firm is a plus
- Extensive HR experience in California Labor compliance and best practice
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, functions, methods, and project management
- Experience implementing and maintaining various HRIS, payroll, and ATS platforms
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Demonstrate clear, precise, and descriptive communication.
- Fluent writing and speaking in Spanish, is a plus.
This position is for you, if:
- You are able to strategize and formulate business plans
- Have an analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- A team player but can work independently with minimum to no supervision
- Understands the work smarter, not harder concept, creating a balanced, fun work experience
- You thrive in ambiguity!
- Excellent communication skills and consulting skills
- Enjoy working with small to midsize businesses
- You are keen on managing multiple projects
- Mid-level or Senior level HR experience
- You are Technology Savvy
This position may not be for you, if:
- You are looking for a job in consulting only, because this role is very hands-on
- You are looking for a very structured environment, because we tailor our services to meet our client's needs. Each client has different needs!
- Have a background solely in HR Administration or Administration Assistance
- Do not have multi-state HR experience, and extensive experience in CA.
Although, as HR professionals, we must understand when things are black and white, at Real HR Hero, we live in the grey! Our purpose is to bring employees and employers together towards a common goal success! What that looks like for one company will be entirely different for another.
Real HR Hero - Thompson HR Consulting
BusinessView all jobs at Real HR Hero - Thompson HR Consulting