Core Job Functions:
- Demonstrates the ability to understand financial goals and operate property in owner’s best interest.
- Maintains accurate records of all property transactions and submits them on a timely basis (i.e. rent rolls, delinquency reports, move ins-move outs, etc)
- Prepares annual budget using the appropriate software and executes operating plan as budgeted.
- Ensures that all rents, HAP monthly, and late fees/check charges are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generates necessary legal action and documents and processes them in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Identifies the need for contract work, solicits bids, and keeps in constant communication with the vendor concerning scheduling, billing, certificates of insurance, and follow up inspection of the work.
- Orders supplies and establishes systems to prevent theft or misuse of the property supplies and materials.
- Ensures that A/P invoices are properly coded and submitted to the corporate office for payment.
- Uses petty cash appropriately, provides an accurate accounting of it, and ensures that it is replenished.
- Processes security deposits in a timely manner.
- Completes and submits reserve withdrawal requests as required.
- Accepts fiduciary responsibility for property assets.
- Ensures property is rented to its fullest capacity
- Utilizes marketing strategies to secure prospective residents and ensures the continuing occupancy of the property.
- Performs regular comparability studies to know the market and establishes marketing goals
- Conducts tours and pre-qualifications and assists prospective residents in the selection of an apartment and completion of an application.
- Approves and signs all leases.
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and the completion of leases is being executed properly.
- Ensures all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensures current resident files are properly maintained.
- Enforces Fair Housing laws and complies with HUD regulations, federal, state, and local statutes.
- Submits the HAP voucher, 50059’s and TIC’s, the monthly Affordable Gross Potential Rent report, and the monthly security deposit summary.
- Deals with resident concerns and requests on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Develops and/or implements resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter)
- Consistently implements the policies of the property.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supervises all staff. This includes new employee orientation, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, and instructing and advising staff of procedures and guidelines.
- Plans weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Tracks maintenance staff work including scheduling and follow up.
- Schedules a preventative maintenance program.
- Provides support to staff to encourage team work and lead by example.
- Maintains property appearance and ensures repairs are noted and completed on a timely basis.
- Tours and inspects the property regularly.
- Maintains inventory control of all units, enforcing turnover standards for cleanliness and timeliness.
- Schedules redecorating for units if needed.
- Ensures that all work orders are recorded and communicated to the proper maintenance staff.
- Learns and ensures compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Ensures that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Provides timely and periodic information about property operations.
- Certifies the performance of the Annual Decent, Safe, and Sanitary unit inspections.
Experience in multi-family property management, including direct supervision of others
Marketing and leasing experience
Experience with affordable housing, Low-Income Tax Credit, and Section 8 preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Yardi experience preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment
Detail oriented, mathematical/analytical skills and time management efficiency
Communication, decision making and information gathering skills, and ability to work independently
Real Estate Management Company
Why Work Here?
Great company to work for!