Join our team!
The Company: A premier commercial, residential real estate development, investment and management company headquarters in downtown Los Angeles.This is an opportunity to join a stable company with a successful track record and commitment to people and community.
The Director, Asset Management is a critical member of the leadership team responsible for maximizing asset and portfolio financial performance, including NOI growth year over year by delivering tenant satisfaction and proper building performance. Under the direction of the Managing Member, this individual is responsible for strategy execution of asset and portfolio management plans to optimize revenue and expense control at both the individual asset level and portfolio level.
As important is the ability to build and maintain close collaborative relationships. Bridging relationships with staff members, internal colleagues in operations, acquisition, construction and finance, as well as external third party management firms and brokers is a necessary ingredient for success. This is an operations and management role over a team of regional commercial and regional residential property managers and support staff working on and off-site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage annual budget preparation to include value add initiatives, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for senior management.
- Monitor and report asset performance against objectives and benchmarks.
- Foster a problem-solving culture within the team which empowers and enables staff to resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Drive all leasing activity and direct the efforts of Leasing Brokers; negotiate and approve new lease documents;
- Act as primary point of contact on behalf of Landlord for certain tenants.
- Review and monitor property occupancies/vacancies, operating expenses, cash flows, debt service maturities and monthly budget variance reports;
- Review and approve the annual reconciliation of operating expenses and annual estimates of operating expenses for each asset;
- Work collaboratively with Director of Acquisitions in underwriting new acquisition targets/opportunities;
- Work collaboratively with Director of Construction in tenant improvement and other capital construction projects;
- Review and approve the annual operating and capital budgets for each asset;
- Negotiate and approve service, repair, and capital contract proposals;
- Develop vendor management strategies to support corporate objectives for a broad range of services across all sites.
- Visit properties on a frequent basis to keep up to date on all issues and ensure the highest possible standard of building conditions and facilities management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In depth understanding of commercial and residential real estate investment, asset and property management and corresponding market analysis.
- Demonstrable asset management technical skills and process improvement experience in real estate environment.
- Excellent financial acumen, with a thorough understanding of financial statements and reporting.
- Proactive thinker with detail oriented, creative problem solving approach.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster internal and external relationships.
- Strong business judgment and negotiating skills, with the ability to navigate nuance and complexity.
- Strong leadership, management, and team-building proficiency skills.
- Ability to identify issues and facilitate appropriate action plans. Self- motivated with a track record of working independently and as a part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Process and results focused with a passion for client satisfaction, sustainability, quality, and innovation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above:
- 7-10 years of overall experience in commercial and residential real estate operations and asset management. Must include experience in Southern California.
- Experience in a family office or similar entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate Management or related field.
- MRED or MBA desireable.
- Strong computer proficiency, especially Excel. Proficient with internet research and software tools. To include:
Real Estate Investment & Development
Why Work Here?Challenging, professional work environment. Learning, fast pace, team work. Successful, growing company.
Healthy, Stable company.