- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Real Estate Construction/Development company needs 2 Project Managers to join its’ team in Florida. Both Project Managers will office out of the Florida locations – 1 in Tallahassee and 1 in Jacksonville. These are key positions and we are looking for individuals who can step right in and starting making a difference for our organization.
Individuals will work for an organization that manages, rehabs, constructs, and completes projects within budget and based on a time schedule. Individual will organize the work of the crews, equipment and subcontractors to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner so as to maintain the project schedule. This position requires a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism. These positions will report to the Sr. Project Manager.
- Overall responsibility for projects assigned including project budget, scope of work, project lay out, schedules, obtaining bids, order and delivery of materials, change orders, and coordination of different trades to meet deadlines;
- Ability to read, interpret & explain complete permitted plans for job, if not understanding show proactive response to finding answers through architects, engineers or contractors;
- Promote and maintain a clean, organized jobsite throughout the construction process. Ensure the work site is safe and follow company’s safety policies and procedures. Conduct weekly contractor safety meetings;
- Walk jobsite regularly to inspect and review work completed by contractors and monitor city code compliance. Maintain a high quality standard for all workmanship. Document notes on areas that may present a future problem and present to the Senior Project Manager for consultation;
- Review the job schedule and cost breakdown, resolving all differences of opinion with Senior Project Manager and ownership at the beginning of the job;
- Set schedules in logical steps for trades to complete contracted scopes and aggressively maintain;
- Trouble-shoot and make informed jobsite decisions on smaller construction issues to move the project forward, larger problems or concerns require to provide details to management/ownership in order for them to make an informed decision best for the company and future use of the building;
- Manages list of current projects while communicating the status of jobs, current time lines and change orders;
- Assists in the development of the scope of work, breakdown of trades, and time lines;
- Preparation of timelines in MS Project for various projects;
- Responsible for knowing the status of the Construction Budget on each project;
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on projects between all parties and disciplines;
- Resolve disputes and conflicts related to projects;
- Other duties assigned as related to the Project Management position.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Construction and/or Project Management of Multi-Family renovation and new construction;
- Previous experience working in a construction/renovation/rehab environment;
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment – multi-task;
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, AutoCad (Basic Skill), and OSHA training;
- Must be organized, possess strong time management skills, and work with both internal and external customers.
If interested, please submit resume outlining salary requirements
Real Estate Development and Management Company
ConstructionView all jobs at Real Estate Development and Management Company