BJB Properties, Inc. is proud and family owned with more than 100 years of collaborative experience in the real estate industry. Our team is committed to the rehabbing of the city's finest vintage buildings into elite downtown apartments that offer wonderful modern amenities, while still retaining their classic charm.
In all, we offer thousands of studios, one bedroom, two bedroom and three-bedroom apartments within many of Chicago's most historic neighborhoods. Each rental home features generous amenities and amazing views, including downtown, the lakefront, a courtyard or a tree-lined street(s).
We have an immediate opening for a Leasing Consultant in the North Chicago area. The primary duty is to rent apartments to prospective residents. The Leasing Consultant will greet the prospective residents and show available apartments that fit their needs, pointing out the positive aspects of living in our buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Rents apartment homes at the assigned property to prospective residents.
· Answers phone and email inquiries from prospective residents; uses standard sales techniques to encourage a visit to the community.
· Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units that best fit their desires and budget.
· Shows apartments and the overall building to prospective residents; explains other amenities of living at the property; uses standard sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on our community.
· Takes all needed information from prospective residents after they have indicated a desire to move to the property; completes all paperwork and computer entry associated with leasing activities.
· Assists others in marketing efforts in the community to promote the property positively and to help bring in prospective residents. This includes implanting and carrying out marketing efforts such as outside marketing calls.
· Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Sales experience preferred but not required.
· Must have excellent customer service skills.
· Computer skills required.
We offer a base pay, commission and competitive benefits package. This position does require the applicant to have a car to use to drive between buildings within the Lincoln Park, Wrigley, or Rogers Park neighborhood.