Lead Cloud Engineer - Jersey City
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead Cloud Engineer - Jersey City
This is a 6 Month Contract - NO C2C.
Tampa, FL 33603/ Dallas, TX 75203/ Jersey City, NJ 07303/ Boston, MA 02111
Candidates hired for this role will be required to start onsite from Day 1 following hybrid work option, 2 to 3 days in office.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Due to a recent increase in misrepresentation during the interview process, The client has implemented a new policy that requires a candidates headshot on the front page of the resume to be considered.
This role is contract to hire!
Interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. Create the high level design artifacts. Deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty.
The Lead Cloud Engineer role will focus on designing and developing enterprise cloud capabilities and solutions for all cloud service types; IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. This role will collaborate with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise. The role will additionally focus on the overall project technical and architecture design, cost effectiveness, quality of solution, knowledge transfer, and mentoring of the project technical team members. Lastly, the role will be keenly aware of cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools supportive of the DevOps practice and methodology.
- Contributes to and supports the corporate Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings
- Contributes to and supports the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management
- Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of ITs cloud project portfolio
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Bachelors Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
2. AWS associate certifications or higher preferred
3. Minimum of 10 years experience in IT platform, storage, and network virtualization architecture and engineering.
4. In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating platform.
5 . Candidate should have min 3-4 yrs. of Azure experience.
6. Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation for virtualized infrastructures
7. 4+ years practical experience designing and building solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, KMS, Lambda, IAM, Kinesis, ECS, AWS CLI, Data pipeline.
8. Azure service a plus
9. 4+ years practical experience working with cloud automation tools such as AWS Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
10. In depth practical experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
11. 4+ years practical experience working in DevOps team/organizations with applied skills in scripting using Bash, Python or similar, Git, Maven/Nexus and Jenkins
12. 4+ years hands on experience with automated tooling such as Chef and/or Puppet
13. Hands on experience with Docker and container orchestration (preferred)
14. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
AddressJersey City, NJ
Get fresh Lead Cloud Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!