Lead Automation & Process Control Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lead Automation & Process Control Engineer
Parlin, NJ 08859
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The client is seeking a highly motivated Automation and
Process Control (A&PC) Lead Engineer who will support Cyrel®
packaging printing plate manufacturing, Pyralux® resin manufacturing,
and polyimide precursor manufacturing for HD Microsystem. Parlin, NJ
site is located approximately 35 miles south of New York City. This
business unit is part of DuPonts Electronics and Industrial solutions.
This Lead Engineer will supervise the A&PC team (3 ~ 4 people) of technicians and engineers to maintain, troubleshoot, and improve the process automation systems in the plant. The Lead Engineer will work on the capital projects with project teams, design resources, and manufacturing organization and controls contractors to realize the objectives of the programs/projects involving automation and process control technology. Continued technical and professional development is required in this position to ensure the facility remains up to date on control system technology.
The Lead Engineer will drive improvement through advanced control techniques, various automation tools, and Lean/Six Sigma. The Lead engineer will prioritize day-to-day support for various manufacturing operations at Parlin site.
Your key responsibilities will be/what youll do:
- Supervises A&PC team (34 people) of technicians and engineers.
- Provides process control assistance for Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and ongoing support for operations at a 24/7 production plant.
- Creates adequate basic data for CapEx projects and provides resourcing support (e.g. development and/or Plans for Commissioning, Decommissioning, Start-Up and Shut Down).
- Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex control system related issues.
- Ensures the control software management is adequate and applied to achieve the sites goals.
- Develops/reviews/maintains/update related documentation, files, procedures, databases, drawings and schematics to ensure integrity of unit instrument and process control technologies.
- Provides safety interlock expertise, alarm management.
- Work closely with site cross functional teams including operations, maintenance/utility, IT, capital engineering, and technical manufacturing resources to understand business, production units, and priorities.
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in developing and commissioning process control applications
- 2+ years of People Management experience leading, mentoring and training small teams of Junior Engineers and Technicians
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Instrumentation & Process Control engineering concepts and design including circuits, control systems, as well as a general knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems.
- knowledge and application of critical systems including PSM, SAP, Six Sigma and TEEP/OEE
Highly Preferred Requirements:
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing automation integration.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects as well as addressing short-term operational issues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated skill in team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well in both self-managed and team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1.B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
2. 7+ years of experience in developing and commissioning process control applications Experience with hand and power tools.
3. 2+ years of People Management experience leading, mentoring and training small teams of Junior Engineers and Technicians
4. Experience with DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing automation integration. - preferred
6. Knowledge and application of critical systems including PSM, SAP, Six Sigma and TEEP/OEE Previous forklift and aerial lift experience. - preferred
7. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
AddressJersey City, NJ
Get fresh Process Control Automation Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.