General Manager 3 - University Dining
Saint Bonifacius, MN 55375
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The client has an opportunity for a General Manager 3 at Crown College located in Saint Bonifacius, MN, just 30 miles west of Minneapolis. The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing all food production activity in one resident dining facility, retail dining outlets and catering.
Crown College is a four-year, private Christian school that was recently included in MONEY Magazine’s list of “50 Colleges That Add the Most Value” as well as placing in the top-15% of their “Best Colleges” list. Crown is also ranked in the top-10 “Best Christian Colleges & Universities” by Christian Universities Online and consistently ranked among the “Best Midwest Regional Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
The General Manager is a highly visible role - will direct and participate in all of the daily food operations. Responsibilities include overseeing overall food and service operations, working with unit financials, HR functions, direct customer interaction and management employees.
An ideal candidate will build long-lasting relationships, have excellent communication skills, knowledgeable in catering and experience managing high volume resident dining with retail food service business.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor and member of the account’s leadership team.
- Work to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Work to achieve high quality customer and client satisfaction scores.
- Responsible for all their and client required reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with the client on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meet (or exceeding) their standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
Reporting to the District Manager, the ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years food service leadership experience, preferably within campus dining.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety/sanitation guidelines.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- Exceptional client relations skills.
- Experience with budget and report management.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day-to-day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training.
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards.
- Supervises day to day activities.
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities.
- Monitors operating standards.
- Establishes a safe work environment.
- Support workplace inclusion activities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience - 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of Management Experience
- Minimum 3 years of Functional Experience
- 3-5 years food service leadership experience, preferably within campus dining. – a plus
- Strong working knowledge of food safety/sanitation guidelines. – a plus
- 6. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. (Please indicate which)
Real CareersSaint Bonifacius, MN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.