Ready Support Services Chantilly, VA
- Expired: July 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Integration Engineer
Ready Support Services (RSS) is seeking a Senior Integration Engineer position (Systems Engineer III) (onsite) at our Customer Program in Aurora, CO. The selected candidate will be assigned to a National Systems Infrastructure Service Provider/Application Service Provider (ISP/ASP) program primarily within our government services product line to fill the role of Systems Engineer III to help create, deploy, and support an element of the customer’s Future Ground Architecture and Infrastructure Service Provider platform. The position will provide Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) support to the Palinode Integration Engineering Services (IES) IPT to include responsibilities for ensuring engineering integration and provisioning services are delivered across 6 datacenter sites and one test site using High Availability technologies. Candidate will design small- and large-scale provisioning efforts to migrate ASPs from highly varied legacy environments to new, standardized environments. The selected candidate will have roles in the following areas and may include responsibilities not limited to: (1) Work with multi-discipline teams in gathering requirements, design, and provisioning of the IT systems, (2) Creation of technical work products, as needed, (3) Evaluate customer change requests, (4) Engage with customer and 3rd party operations organizations to understand how new systems will impact the customer tenant organization, and (5) Create and brief status and plans to customer onboarding and change board meetings, as needed.
The positions will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Collaborate with migration engineers and customers to clarify and refine provisioning requirements,
- Collaborate with migration engineers and customers to support technical exchange meetings (TEMs),
- Provide engineering analysis in support of ASP/tenant onboarding,
- Provide engineering support of capacity analysis and planning,
- Provide engineering support of compute sizing and impact analysis,
- Provide engineering support of design documentation including implementation plans,
- Report to the IES Lead for daily assignment, coordination, and statusing of individual activities,
- Develop, revise, and maintain design documentation (including procedures) to continually improve as-built environments and processes,
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
The following skills are required:
(1) 8-10 + years’ experience in Systems Engineering,
(2) Must hold and maintain a current/active TS/SCI Clearance,
(3) Systems Engineering experience on a large government cloud deployment contract,
(4) Demonstrated judgement in managing competing priorities to meet program objectives,
(5) Experience in identifying risks and establishing effective mitigation plans, viable contingency plans,
(6) Knowledge of ISP/ASP compute, network and storage environments,
(7) Knowledge of Dell, SGI, and/or HP rack server technologies,
(8) Knowledge of virtual hypervisor applications such as VMware, KVM, Xen, etc.,
(9) Knowledge of shared storage systems such as SAN and NAS,
(10) Knowledge of networking concepts such as VLANs, IP Subnets, OSI Layers, and routing,
(11) Knowledge of datacenter engineering design concepts such as Rack Els, wiring diagrams, and Bill of Materials (BOMs),
(12) Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office including MS Visio.
Must be able to interface with program and company leadership, customers, as well as end users
Must be willing to work overtime to meet key deadlines, and lead team to do the same
Required Education (including Major):
B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 8 years relevant work experience. 10 years relevant experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Clearance Type: Current/Active TS/SCI Clearance, CI-Poly desired
Ready Support Services LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ready Support Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Ready Support Services