Nonprofit Program Intern (Fall Internship)
- Expired: March 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
READ BETTER BE BETTER
MISSION: Read Better Be Better's mission is to connect young readers and youth leaders to inspire a love of literacy and learning.
VISION: A Society in which all children master the foundational skills necessary to become independent learners.
About the Organization
Read Better Be Better is an education nonprofit organization focused on solving Arizona's literacy crisis. We work with partnering schools throughout the state to connect young readers and youth leaders to inspire a love of literacy and learning. Since 2014, we have served thousands of Arizona students through our after-school and at-home reading programs in over 60 schools and multiple community-based organizations across Maricopa and Pinal counties. Each school semester, we have expanded to serve even more kids, schools, and families. We are a mission-driven, collaborative community of passionate, creative, and flexible professionals, and we welcome and support those seeking internship experience with RBBB for their professional development.
Nonprofit Program Department Intern
- Job Title: Nonprofit Program Department Intern
- Reports To: Program Manager (Community-Based Organizations)
- Work Hours: A weekly minimumcommitment of 6-15hoursis Internswill be expected to commit to a set schedule withinRBBB's main office hoursof8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work Environment: In-office; possible option to work remote
- Start Date: August 2023 (for fall '23 internship)
- Program Duration: Internship positions are meant to be short-term and based around academic semesters and last for 3-4 months. We offer: Spring, Summer and Fall positions.
- Pay & Benefits:This internship is unpaid. Read Better Be Better is fully committed to providing eligible interns with all documentation necessary for them to receive course credit for their time with the organization, if they wish to do so.
Read Better Be Better has an exciting opportunity available for those aspiring to work in nonprofit and program management. As the RBBB Nonprofit Intern, you will work directly with the program management team to support administration, assist in creating program materials and facilitating community outreach and external communications. In addition to assigned tasks, the Nonprofit Intern will be given the opportunity to take on tasks that are of personal interest, dependent upon the needs of the Program Manager and the organization.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills (both verbal and writing) and is willing and able to be flexible and learn as they go.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in program development.
- Support program administration for operational sites.
- Assist in volunteer management.
- Conduct fundraising research to secure funds to support the organization's operations in the community.
- Aid in advocacy and direct service.
- Support staff to develop internal and external communications.
- Increase awareness of the affiliates' goals and the mission it serves.
- Support the creative process of materials (print and electronic).
- Assist with logistics planning and attend community outreach events.
- Provide general administrative and office support.
- Perform all other duties as assigned that are required of the intern in this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need assistance with this application, please contact us at email@example.com.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES
- Interest in and passion for the Read Better Be Better vision and mission
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Reliable and responsible
- Creative problem-solver
- Willingness to conduct themselves in accordance with organizational values
- Willingness to seek opportunities to develop and grow the Read Better Be Better vision and mission within the community
- Basic computer skills
- Enrollment in/having a relevant degree program preferred (i.e. education, public administration, business administration, nonprofit management, etc.)
- Understanding of the following platforms and applications: Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) and Salesforce (CRM)
- Ability to operate a computer
Please contact the HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the position.
Read Better Be Better is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Read ourEquity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement on the RBBB website.
WHY INTERN FOR READ BETTER BE BETTER
- Positive Social Impact: contribute to an organization passionate about education equity and social justice.
- Professional Development & Mentorship: receive consistent feedback and have regular, direct interaction with leadership and the whole team, including team meetings and one-on-one mentorship opportunities.
- Resume Building: regularly use key platforms such as MS Office 365 and Salesforce; work on a variety of tasks related to this role.
"I feel like it's a good way to give back to the community. And, while you're giving back, you also learn a lot professionally. And I also feel like it's a very healthy work environment."
- College Student/Former RBBB Intern (Fall 2021)
Read Better Be Better
EducationView all jobs at Read Better Be Better
Get fresh Internship Clinical Documentation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!