If you're interested in a meaningful job that allows you to positively impact someone's life, contact REACH! You can play a vital role in assisting individuals to actively participate in the community, live independently and become successfully employed. REACH transforms the lives of people with special needs through resources, innovative education, advocacy, communication and housing services.
Applicants must clear a health, fingerprint and reference screening, have a reliable vehicle, good driving record, proof of automobile insurance, and current First Aid/CPR certification. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
REACH offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401(k) Plan and Vacation benefits. Sick benefits for all employees.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com or apply in person at REACH 9300 Santa Fe Springs Rd. Santa Fe Springs, Ca 90670 (562) 946-0467 x402 or Fax (562) 944-1189
For more information, visit us at www.reach.services
Title: Training Counselor
Application Closing: When filled
Number of Positions: As needed
Salary: Based on Experience
Health and Welfare Benefits
Under the direct supervision of the Delta Services Training Specialist or Team Director, provides direct educational services, vocational services and trains for practical application of skills and social behaviors necessary for optimum levels of independent/interdependent living and vocational life for consumers with adaptive needs. Provides direct implementation of all objectives as assigned by the Delta Services Training Specialist and participates in Kin groups that include consumers and family members. Lifting, pulling and pushing are primary activities of this job.
- To implement the vocational and independent living skills objectives as set out in the consumer’s individual support plan.
- To be knowledgeable regarding specific consumer needs and backgrounds.
- To participate in consumer IPP meeting and provide direct assistance to the consumer in the development of their Independent Living Skills and or vocational objectives.
- To maintain progress notes and publish progress notes regarding assigned consumers specific objectives.
- To maintain an up-do-date knowledge of the most current practices related to living independently and work.
- To recommend changes or additions in a consumers program that would upgrade services provided by Delta Services.
- To provide group and individual instruction in order to execute the individual support plans of each consumer.
- To transport consumers to and from vocational and training activities in the community, when necessary.
- Actively participate in all REACH safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Training Specialist or Team Director.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field related to the training, housing and vocational training of people with adaptive needs and one years work experience in one of these fields with persons with adaptive needs; or an AA degree in a related field with two years of experience with people with adaptive needs; or proof of an active effort to pursue a degree or credential mentioned above and three years experience with people with adaptive needs.
Demonstrate teaching abilities, keen understanding of training and vocational needs of consumers with adaptive needs and an understanding of the current Developmental Disabilities System in the State of California; a demonstrated interest in gaining new information regarding current and best practices related to adult services; ability to establish friendships with consumers and their families. The understanding of augmentative communication strategies with an emphasis in facilitated communication. Must have a valid California driver’s license, automobile insurance, recent DMV printout with good driving record; and a reliable and safe vehicle; ability to lift 80 pounds; ability to work independently without direct supervision. Certification in CPR and First Aid. The ability to provide very clear and concise written and oral communications.
Submit job application to REACH, 9300 Santa Fe Springs Rd., Santa Fe Springs, Ca 90670, Attn: Caryn Sanders, Director of Human Resources (562) 946-0467 ex. 402 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants shall be screened for minimum requirements. Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to an interview. Thank you for your interest in REACH and Delta Services
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
We envision a world in which all people see themselves and others as valued, integrated members of society.
We are dedicated to transforming the lives of individuals with diverse abilities by helping them discover their voice and realize their dreams.