Hospitality Aide (Entry-Level Position)
Join REACH LTC Ohio - Respect, Ethics, Accountability, Compassion, and Honesty!
Responsible for providing patient related (non-hands-on) care and ancillary services in accordance with Reach LTC Ohio quality standards under the direction of a licensed nurse supervisor. Position is applicable prior to successfully receiving certification as a nursing assistant.
Essential Job Functions
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Knows and respects patient rights
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential
- Reports complaints made by patients to supervisor
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of patient property
Safety and Sanitation
- Follows established safety policies and procedures
- Observes safety needs of patients as indicated in care plan
- Wears and/or uses safety equipment and supplies when indicated and properly trained to use
- Demonstrates job-specific knowledge of fire and disaster preparedness during drills or actual situations
Hospitality Aide Responsibilities
- Acknowledges patients’ and families’ concerns and reports them to the nurse supervisor
- Responds to any and all call lights timely. Provides non-hands on care or refers to appropriate person.
- Provides privacy and maintains confidentiality.
- Performs host/hostess duties in accordance with accepted standards of non-hands-on patient care. Duties include: transporting patients, assisting with meal distribution and presentation, distributing personal laundry, bed making and straightening patient rooms, including drawers and closets, and cleaning combs and brushes, delivering ice and water, answering telephone and directing to appropriate person, delivering snacks to those patients who do not require assistance in feeding, assisting the Activity Director with patient activities as required running errands for patients and staff
Education: Ability to communicate with patients and staff; Ability to follow directions and to complete assigned tasks.
Experience: Prior experience in healthcare preferred.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting, moving, and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Reaching, handling, fingering, talking, hearing, visual near acuity, bending, stooping, walking.
Working Conditions: Considerable exposure to disagreeable conditions including odors, infection, illness, and physical contact from disruptive patients.
Principal Contacts: Works with elderly patients, families, and other staff members.
General Requirements: Must be able to execute the terms and conditions set forth in the Reach LTC Ohio Employee Handbook, including, but not limited to:
Works in a safety-conscious manner, which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace. Reports any safety violations or hazards to supervisor
Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations
Adheres to policy on Drug-Free Workplace
Interacts in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with patients, families, visitors, and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each patient and facility guest
Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.
Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other legally protected category.