Accounting Internship - Winter 2024 (Cleveland, OH)
Are you looking for an accounting internship that will give you real-world experience that will serve as the foundation for your accounting career? Join our team at Rea & Associates where each day brings new opportunities in different disciplines and industries to help you choose where you want to focus. Gain experience in bookkeeping, business returns, 1040 tax returns, assurance, as well as meet with our clients and participate in community service events. Discover the difference of interning at Rea. Gain industry knowledge, receive mentoring and advanced training, create a network of valuable professional contacts, and create a competitive advantage over other candidates to land a full-time position with flexibility to pursue your graduate degree or CPA.
Our Winter Internship Program is an outstanding hands on opportunity that will provide experience with a public accounting firm. The 2024 Winter Internship Program begins on January 8, 2024 and is scheduled to end on April 15, 2024. Each intern will work closely with members of the assigned office and will be assigned to a manager that will provide guidance and support. You will be introduced to all facets of a public accounting firm including assurance, audit, and tax. Show your value and gain exposure to a diverse client base by partnering with our team of talented staff accountants.
The internship will take place on-site in one of our Cleveland OH area office locations and it runs from January 8, 2024 to April 19, 2024
- Reviewing and analyzing financial data for businesses in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and not for profit
- Assisting and learning to audit the financial data of our clients to determine the reasonableness and accuracy of the information
- Performing substantive testing in the areas of cash, accounts payable, accounts receivables, inventory, etc.
- Analytical review of reports and confidential client information
- Preparing federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals and corporations and assisting with tax planning and projections
- Researching tax and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assisting with miscellaneous tax, assurance, bookkeeping, or consulting projects on an as-needed basis
- Current student majoring in Accounting
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects, while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment
Interns will get exposure to both tax and audit during their internship. Based on performance and need, successful interns may receive an offer for an additional internship or a full-time offer to join our team.
Rea & AssociatesCleveland, OH
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.