Primary Job Function:
The LPC will be in charge of assisting patients through the outpatient treatment process and providing individualized substance use counseling and other therapeutic interventions, as needed, for individuals with a primary diagnosis of opioid use disorder. The LPC conducts individual counseling sessions and group therapy sessions utilizing the Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, and Cognitive Behavioral approaches. The LPC will build the comprehensive treatment plan for the patient in treatment, evaluate patients’ progress during counseling, and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving the overall outcome. The LPC is a critical member of the larger multidisciplinary team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination & facilitates the initial comprehensive assessment;
- Ensures the efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients;
- Facilitates, establishes, and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develops aftercare plans and discharge plans;
- Responds, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints in conjunction with the Chief Clinical Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment and re-assessments, including the ASAM patient placement and continued stay criteria, and;
- Other related duties as determined by the Clinical Services Department.
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- The following License required: Virginia LPC
- Previous experience working with individuals diagnosed with substance use disorders and, specifically, opioid use disorder preferred.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population, recognizing the difference between therapeutic and punitive approaches to care.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of opioid overdose, psychosocial implications of substance use disorders, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of opioid use and other co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Knowledge and espousement of Harm Reduction as an evidence-based practice is critical to succeed in this job role.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Free CEUs offered
- Opportunities for development and growth in a growing company
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
ReVIDA Recovery CentersReVIDA Recovery Centers is committed to assisting individuals in reclaiming their lives from opioid use disorder by creating a premier network of outpatient treatment centers that establish the industry standard for clinical excellence and positive patient outcomes. We strive to make a positive and lasting impact on each patient’s life, our staff is dedicated to working with primary care providers, law enforcement, social services, non-profits, and other community members to help the entire community overcome this epidemic.