A field service technician drives service success with a goal of improving customer satisfaction, maximizing client retention, and increasing profitability. As a valuable installation and maintenance technician, they will also apply high-level knowledge of technology and troubleshooting skills to enhance client trust, build rapport, and drive to meet service goals.
- Lead Installer for Low Voltage and Point-of-Sale Hardware Installations.
- Experience in pulling, terminating and troubleshooting CAT-5e, CAT-6 and Coaxial a must.
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining Point-of-Sale systems a must, including Radiant, NCR, Micros systems. Aloha Software experience a plus!
- Experience installing and troubleshooting CCTV camera systems required
- Work to include daytime and overnight assignments. Travel required to include up to 5 days out of state as determined by project scope.
- During periods of down-time with no installation work, Tech will be assigned break-fix service calls ranging from San Diego to Bakersfield.
- Specialty tools provided. Tech should have basic hand tools.
- Experience working directly with customers and the ability to communicate effectively is required.
- Must be able to pass a background and MVR check.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for interfacing with customers to schedule work and ensure that customer expectations are met upon completion of work.
- Responsible to learn to operate and install POS software (Training is provided)
- Responsible for interfacing with other IT groups related to problems and installations as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and effectively prioritizing a large number of work requests.
- Responsible for maintaining current images on media. Responsible for keeping abreast of current installation procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to billing and performance processes and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate equipment inventories.
- Responsible for installing standard, endorsed or certified off the shelf software and/or hardware devices, and provide minimal onsite training to get the client started.