ReNuke Services is seeking a Field Support Technician
Title: Field support Technicians Dominion ENG
Directly reports to Dominion Field PM or designee
* Responsible for the setup, testing and operations of Ultrasonic cleaning systems and for crew safety, daily planning, production goals, QA/QC compliance, cost control, and all day-to-day programmatic aspects of the operation of the cleaning technology at various project and work sites.
* Assist in erection, calibration, operation, and disassembly of the systems
* Team with the PM and or designee to start, stop, and operate plant equipment daily.
* Monitor and control the system based on physical operating conditions and limitations.
* Perform as the primary on-site source of expertise for the systems operational theory, radiological instrumentation, and software.
* Regular, reliable, dependable attendance is absolutely necessary and required in performance of this position.
* Advanced familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office products.
* Working knowledge of computer communication protocols (serial, ethernet, hexadecimal, USB)
* Demonstrated ability to access and perform all computer functions utilizing company software applications. Specialized training will be provided on this software.
* Familiarity with the operation of Electrical systems, Pumps, Valves CCTV systems and Water filtration systems and associated Rad Waste/material handling protocols are essential.
* Extensive experience in field operation of electronic, mechanical and fluid systems. Experience with Ultrasonic systems a plus.
* Ability to read and understand procedures and equipment P&ID"s, drawings, diagrams, data arrays, dials, gauges, and charts is key.
* Compile and maintain information such as, work logs, safety/operations forms, operational procedures, and equipment maintenance and repair records. Review produced performance data and analyze productivity parameters.
* Review computer spreadsheets and/or databases for purpose of data reduction and presentation. Document production statistics and produce reports as required.
* Ability to team effectively and maintain communications with radiological control technicians (RCTs), heavy equipment operators, and on-site engineers, scientists, safety professionals, and other staff is essential. Ability to explain equipment operation and data results to plant personnel.
* Understand the value of quality data and ensure that QA/QC processes are in place and under control to provide a quality data product to our client. Perform daily instrumentation pre- and/or post-operational checks
* Research and develop solutions to complex onsite technical problems in cooperation with clients and R&D teams
* Prepare equipment for maintenance activities including Lock out/Tag out.
* Assist and or perform system repairs to equipment as needed.
* Actively engage with fellow employees to reinforce safe behaviors
* Follow procedures, work packages, and/or protocols.
* Maintain communication with home office in matters related to OSHA regulations, including accident investigation and reporting, safety meetings, staff training, etc.
* Identify and report any safety and/or mechanical concerns.
* React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
* Ability to Badge into a nuclear power plant for unrestricted access, into Radioactively controlled and contaminated areas/zones.
* Ability to wear standard personnel protective equipment.
* Medically able to qualify to wear a full-face respirator.
* Able to lift 50 lbs., and able to climb ladders.
* Walk, stand, and kneel/stoop for extended periods.
* Climb and maintain balance on elevated working surfaces.
* Able to operate power tools and assembly equipment as required.
* Candidates may be subject to baseline medical monitoring depending upon client requirements.
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Preferred to be qualified as a DOE Senior RCT or ANSI 3.1 Senior Health Physics Technician (HPT).
* Senior RCT requires a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Radiological Control Technician or equivalent education and experience and achieving qualifications as DOE Senior RCT or ANSI 3.1 Senior HPT.
* 40-Hour HAZWOPR Certification or ability to pass certification
* Current 8-Hour HAZWOPR Refresher.
* Current valid driver"s license and ability to operate a vehicle is required.
* Travel required. Per diem provided.
* National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists (NRRPT) Certification.