Mental Health Practitioner REH Crisis
ReEntry House, Inc. Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring for the following shift
ON-CALL - PART TIME JOB
Location: REH Crisis 1800 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
Position Title: Mental Health Practitioner
Reports to: Treatment Director
To provide professional, quality program services to the clients served by ReEntry's Crisis Stabilization Services. Work with other members of the team to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining optimum quality of life consistent with client needs and preferences. Emphasis is placed on working with clients in community settings and directly providing the services necessary to assist clients in achieving their goals.
• Remain awake at all times during a shift.
• Upon successful completion of required medication test, administer medications under the
supervision of the facility’s nurse.
• Provide direct services to the residents.
• Develop an appropriate therapeutic relationships with clients.
• Teach and develop independent living skills (relaxation, social skills, hygiene, etc.) for the clients.
• Identify individuals prone to having behavior emergencies and assist the therapist in developing
additional programming appropriate for their needs.
• Receive crisis calls from clients.
• Help to defuse and de-escalate any potential behavior emergencies.
• Assist with discharge planning.
• Responsible for providing staff coverage and ensuring the security of the facility and general
supervision of the residents.
• Participate in regular cleaning duties and upkeep of the facility, including the kitchen, bathroom and
• Work effectively and professionally with other treatment team members.
• Attend team meetings as scheduled.
• Assist in the orientation of new admissions to residential care.
• Complete all paperwork, reports, and charting contemporaneously and in an organized manner.
• Utilize crisis assessment tools for suicidal and aggressive behavior and consult with an on-call supervisor
and other emergency resources as needed
• Administer BACs and UDS as scheduled or according to a clients treatment plan
• Conduct an hourly walkthrough of the building; perform room checks of resident rooms as needed or at
least twice per shift.
• Be familiar with and maintain compliance with applicable Minnesota Statutes or rules, including, but
not limited to DHS IRTS, MDH SLF (Class A), MS 253B, Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults, Duty to
Warn, Minnesota Data Practices Act.
• Maintain a pattern of regular work hours.
• Must be able to transport clients in the community.
• Participate actively in on-going professional growth and development; maintain appropriate
professional behavior and participates in appropriate supervision.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in behavioral science or related fields; and
• 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to persons with mental illness.
• 12-24 Continuing Education (CEU) Credits per year depending on hours of experience working with
individuals with SPMI diagnosis.
• Knowledge of symptoms and course of serious and persistent mental illness as well as medications
and other therapies used to treat mental illness.
• Knowledgeable about and utilize various substance abuse treatment modalities such as harm
reduction and motivational interviewing.
• Have a demonstrable working knowledge of Vulnerable Adults Laws and other pertinent rules and
• Have knowledge of evidence-based clinical practices.
• Knowledge of supportive counseling techniques, independent living skills/teaching, and crisis
• Knowledge of crisis assessment tools and de-escalation strategies for suicidal and aggressive
• Able to use a computer for word-processing and data base management.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Maintain compliance with applicable Minnesota Statutes or rules, including but not limited to DHS
Rule 36, Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults, Duty to Warn, Minnesota Data Practices Act, HIPAA.
• Must have a car, MN driver’s license and be able to drive, day or evening hours.
• Be able to speak, clearly understand and write the English language
• Be able to accommodate flexible working hours.
Essential Physical Functions:
• Type frequently.
• Drive often.
• Sit frequently.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Walk frequently
• Climb flights of stairs.
• Lift 40 pounds or more.
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. Occasionally exposed to a variety of different work conditions including but not limited to, being outdoors during inclement weather, construction sites, exposure to excessive temperatures hot/cold.
ReEntry House, Inc. Crisis Stabilization Services, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
ReEntry House, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits, flexibility, and an opportunity to work with a great team!
The mission of this agency is to serve those individuals who are the most severely impaired with mental illness and/or chemical dependence using evidence-based practices in the most humane manner possible. We believe all people should be treated with respect and dignity.
WoodburySaint Paul, MN