Senior Firmware Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Re:Build Manufacturing is a rapidly growing family of industrial businesses combining enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America's next generation industrial company. At Re:Build we deploy deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of our subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diverse growth markets. Our goal is to help revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
We leverage deep professional expertise and a candid, principled operating culture to drive differentiated outcomes for our customers, our employees, our communities and our investors. Ours is a fast-paced environment where individuals can stretch and be challenged with a wide variety of opportunities and projects. We empower and support our employees to pursue their fullest potential and provide meaningful avenues for personal and professional growth.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a technical anchor in the areas of firmware architecture, development, and test. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing embedded systems group at Re:Build. You will work in cross functional team environments and provide technical leadership for challenging new product development efforts. You should have solid background in firmware, analog and digital electronic designs, and microcontroller based embedded systems. The Senior Firmware Engineer will be an influential figure in shaping our burgeoning team.
What you get to do
- Exciting opportunity to influence a burgeoning embedded systems group
- To be the "go-to" individual for technical guidance and oversight
- Enormous learning experience and the opportunity to acquire additional responsibilities over time
- Help establish and employ best practices throughout the software lifecycle including software management and version control, DevOps and automated testing
- Provide leadership in firmware architecture, development, and test.
- Lead code reviews and provided guidance and mentorship
- Conduct electrical characterization with basic test equipment in support of firmware development and debug.
- Follow systems methodologies in approach to product development
- Support critical hardware demonstrations with customers as needed
- Develop strategies to leverage modularity and code reuse in designs
What you bring to the Team
- BS in electrical engineering, robotics, computer science or related engineering disciplines. Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong background in electromechanical systems development with 10+ years of electronic product experience from concept through manufacturing.
- Proficient in embedded software development using C/C++ including bare-metal coding.
- Working knowledge of microcontrollers and their common peripherals
- Experience in the use of software management tools such as Git/Subversion
- Working knowledge of common regulatory standards such as FCC emission requirements, UL safety standards. Understanding of medical device certification (ISO 13485, IEC 62304) bonus.
- Experience with the implementation of real-time operating systems
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee of Re:Build will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
Re:Build Manufacturing is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
Re:Build is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accommodations.ta@ReBuildmanufacturing.com or you may call us at 617.909.6275.
TechnologyView all jobs at Re:Build Tekna