Director of Finance and Accounting
Re:Build Manufacturing Rochester, NY
- Expired: October 08, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director Finance and Accounting
We provide mechanical and process engineering and design, automation and systems integration, skilled trades fabrication and maintenance services for a variety of industries. Our ultimate goal is to develop lasting relationships with our clients, partnering together to promote and advance manufacturing.
Exciting opportunity for an impactful role, one in which you will enjoy considerable autonomy and variety. The position requires a highly motivated, "roll-up your sleeves" professional primary focused on managing the financial function ensuring accuracy, accountability, and efficiency. The individual will refine processes to help professionalize the business and mitigate risk while also producing detailed reporting and analysis. This is a very hands-on role and one where in addition to standard daily tasks, there will be special projects to assist with or manage.
What you will do:
- Lead the Accounting and Finance functions ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal controls
- Manage/Prepare accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Responsible for Budgeting / Forecasting and support execution to achieve business objectives
- Supervise accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash activities
- Analyze the costs of the business as related to raw materials, inventory and labor
- Prepare management reports for standard and actual costs and profit margins
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory
- Develop & maintain KPI's and other data providing insight to highlight problems, contain costs, maintain/grow margins, and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Assist third party on annual Tax and Audit
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of the Company's financial information
- Operate in detail-oriented and fact-based style; apply Best Practices where needed
- Special projects as requested by executive management
- Strong leader with a "whatever it takes" attitude; can thrive in a highly entrepreneurial environment and is very "hands-on"
- Works well independently, but understands importance of working as a team
- Ability to multitask and work towards tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- High integrity balanced with commitment to excellence and very strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Prior working history with a manufacturing business is a plus
- 7+ years of overall accounting experience
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree, preferably in Accounting
- Up to 10 % travel required
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Re:Build Manufacturing