Business: Intelligence, Information&Svcs
Job Description: Do you have experience as an automotive engineer, a service technician, service advisor, manufacturer's service representative or another related field? Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) is looking for Automotive Product Investigators to support vehicle investigations in the Armstrong, Tx area. This position is responsible for conducting neutral, unbiased customer and dealership interviews as well as performing thorough research of the vehicle history, insurance claims, and/or repairs, etc. The ideal candidate will have Dealership or Independent Service Center Center Technician, Service Engineering and/or Service Management experience. This position may include include interviewing the vehicle owner, obtaining the vehicle history, obtaining specific vehicle data, completing detailed inspection forms and assisting with the interpretation of the inspection results.
Specific rolls and responsibilities include:
- Generate and upload technical vehicle reports in a timely fashion
- Maintain knowledge of customer's vehicle product lines and systems
- Hands-on vehicle expertise and knowledge in an automotive service department setting
- Crash Data Retrieval from powered and unpowered vehicles
- Customer and witness interviews
- Obtaining copies of police, fire department, and/or vehicle service history reports
- Take appropriate, clear photos of vehicle and/or parts, as needed
It is important to note that this position:
- Is part-time/casual (there is no guarantee of minimum work hours)
- Requires up to 80% travel to various locations
- Minimum of 8 years related automotive service industry experience
- Current or prior ASE certifications A1 - A8, with a preference for Electrical Electronics or T1 - T8.
- Knowledge of automotive systems and repair procedures
- Knowledge of diagnostic test equipment (set up, instrumentation, OEM scan tool etc.)
- Excellent oral communication skills to include demonstrated face-to-face customer interaction
- Basic working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Familiarity with the TREAD act
- Experience writing detailed technical reports and report generation expertise
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and upload case files
- Flexibility for local and/or overnight travel
- Good collaboration skills to obtain data from different parties
- Service management experience
- Ability to act as an expert witness
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Associates degree in Automotive Technology or successful completion of a formal Automotive Technology Program, preferred
Work is performed in salvage yards, dealership parking lots (holding area), railyards, ports, assembly plants, and/or shop bay settings. Work environment may involve exposure to various weather conditions, automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges and bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and head protection. Work may involve standing, sitting, walking (even, uneven areas), occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Travel to complete an investigation may require sitting in a vehicle up to 4 hours one way to reach the investigation site. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds. Less frequent requirements for moving materials weighing over 35 pounds do exist with the assistance of lifting and moving equipment, i.e., hoists and lift tables. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while working in investigation areas as well as operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Requisition ID: 144239BR
Business Unit Profile: Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Clearance Type: None / Not Required
Relocation Eligible: No
Talent Area: Product Support, Technical, Training & Development, Transport
Work Location: TX - Corpus Christi
Type Of Job: Temporary - Part Time
Posting Title: Automotive Product Investigator - Armstrong, TX
Job Function: Administrative Services
U.S. FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt