Senior Mechanical Engineer
Raymond Search Group Wise, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Remote flexibility – Mid Atlantic Market
Our client, a well-known full-service engineering firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Mechanical Engineering Team in their Virginia or Tennessee office. The successful candidate will work on various projects for clients across several domains. This team member will be responsible for conducting studies, preparing plans and specifications, applying technical engineering principles, methods, and techniques on planning, design, and construction projects.
The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, coordinates their activities with other project participants, and ensures that the project requirements are being satisfied. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative office environment to develop innovative and technically sound designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades, and retrofits.
We are seeking self-motivated, self-starters, welcomed to be involved in the creative process providing excellent solutions to our clients and our communities. Great flexible hours and benefits. We are seeking those knowledgeable in the full array of knowledge in areas such as HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection, with experience and a passion for mentoring and encouraging staff in their own development and contributions in design as well as the full scope of mechanical engineering services through final completion of projects.
We work in and outside the office, from home, in meetings, in the field and in the community. We provide the full array of engineering and architecture services from multiple locations, covering a broad range of building types, environments, and delivery methods. Send us a convincing resume that characterizes your skills in design and leading design colleagues, communicating, planning, and delivering projects on time and on budget. The depth and type of your experience, professional goals, and skills, may interest us as much, or more, as your number of years of practice.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects
- Prepare effective technical and client communications
- Work within design standards to prepare drawings and specifications in conjunction with other design disciplines
- Responsibility for overseeing mid and entry level engineers and designers.
- Participate in project design team and client meetings.
- Interface with other design trades as required for project completion.
- Perform site visits to existing facilities for renovation/addition projects for information gathering on existing conditions.
- Perform and/or provide direction; HVAC loads, estimated energy use and alternative life cycle cost calculations as required by project.
- Responsible for production of mechanical design drawing packages (plans, construction details, controls, specifications, life safety, etc.).
- Generate project specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates.
- Generate written reports such as project scope definition, existing system condition assessments and schematic design narratives.
- Perform construction contract administration services, including answering RFIs, review of submittals, and field assessments.
- Periodic travel will be required for site visits and client meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience Position Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years’ experience minimum, in commercial, industrial, and institutional mechanical system design (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection).
- Working knowledge of mechanical codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA.
- Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects.
- PE required
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office
We are a growing company focused on providing technically sound and cost-effective engineering solutions for our clients. We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic team member with enthusiasm and vigor.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits package including a Strong Salary, Bonuses, PTO, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Professional Development Opportunities, Professional Registration Support, Professional Societies, Training Program, Community Activities, ESOP Plan, 401K Plan with Company Match, and more.
Raymond Search Group