At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Who We Are:FLIR Systems' Unmanned Ground Systems (FLIR UGS) is a world leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, FLIR UGS currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 7,000 robots to more than 57 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the nation's top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. FLIR UGS is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more athttps://www.flir.com/browse/public-safety/unmanned-ground-systems-ugs/
How you will make a difference:
The Senior International Sales Account Manager for Unmanned Ground Systemsis an integral part of FLIR UGS' Sales Team, responsible for strategic planning, customer relations, and revenue generation from sales opportunities within the European, Middle Eastern, and African regions, and other accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in international sales of US defense products, a strong understanding of international defense customer needs, the ability to assist in setting company strategy for meeting the needs of these customers, strong interpersonal skills, exceptional project management skills, and demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage all unmanned ground systems sales to international customers in Europe, Africa, and select countries of the Middle East, and other accounts as assigned, including:
- Communicating closely with key customers to forecast their needs for unmanned systems.
- Establishing strategies for aggressively growing sales throughout assigned territories that are in concert with other initiatives in FLIR Systems.
- Communicating closely with the company chain of command and amongst company teams to keep all members up to date on account activities.
- Forecasting sales opportunities for assigned customers and working to bring in those opportunities, turning them into contracted procurements in a timely manner.
- Establishing strategic plans for developing company markets with assigned customers to promote growing sales with these accounts.
- Managing and working closely with distributors and agents to bring in related sales.
- Producing quotes for customer opportunities and actively maintaining all quotes and opportunities within the company's CRM database.
- Conducting customer demonstrations and training as required at customer sites or at the company.
- Working closely with the company Program and Product Management teams to address technical and schedule needs of assigned customers.
- Recommend then execute assigned tradeshow events, media, and other public facing opportunities related to assigned markets.
- Writing reports, producing slideshows, and making professional presentations both within and outside the company.
- Serve as the company's Subject Matter Expert for assigned customer organizations.
- Actively cooperate with other Sales Team members and company employees to assist in executing missions and planning for future opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- US citizen.
- International sales experience with ITAR controller US defense products.
- Experience in any one (or more) of the US DoD maritime services.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with military customers and building constructive relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in building and contributing productively to integrated teams, bringing together diverse disciplines and positions, and working toward an established goal in a cooperative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and flex easily to additional missions when required on short notice.
- Demonstrated aptitude with high-tech products and the ability to demonstrate and present products at tradeshows and customer sites to targeted customers.
- Demonstrated comfort managing and communicating at both the big picture and granular detail levels.
- Demonstrated strong ability to communicate (verbal, visual, written) with others ranging from generals, admirals, and CEOs, to privates, civilians, engineers, media, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams in mission success, including international sales.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic with the flexibility to work individually or with a team.
- Demonstrated strong team commitment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (OCONUS primarily) at peak times.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.